This week’s coronavirus column comes from Marlow resident Tayla Louise Smith.

Tayla co-runs the Facebook group Marlow Life, where throughout the pandemic, has helped people get through difficult situations.

The group has acted as a hub for people across the town and the surrounding areas, to spread hope and joy during this crisis, with many good deeds coming from the page.

However, despite helping hundreds of people via the social media page, Tayla has admitted that lockdown has been hard on her and her family.

She said: “Since lockdown began, it’s been a huge struggle for me and my daughter.

READ MORE: Meals for Marlow receive HUGE donation to help the vulnerable

"The first two weeks were OK but during the third week, I came down with a terrible migraine.

“It took me four attempts talking to different people on 111 to get through to a doctor that would give me something to relieve the tension.

“Following this, my mum had to come to pick up my daughter whilst I took medication as I had no option in my situation to call upon outside help.

“As hard as that was due to being classed as vulnerable myself, the next day I went to go and pick up my daughter from my mother’s house where she fell off the trampoline - we ended up at Wycombe Minor Injuries where we discovered she had two breaks in her arm.

“Yet, we couldn’t have wished for a quicker and more effective time at the hospital if we tried.

“Everyone was amazing from the triage nurse to the nurse that plastered my little one’s arm (whilst falling asleep).

“A week later the cast broke and we had to call the ‘virtual’ fracture clinic for advice and within the hour, we had been booked in for the plaster to be changed and we were in and out the hospital again - all in under an hour.

READ MORE: Queen sends Bucks charity a letter of support

“So the staff at Wycombe General are amazing.

“The same week, we got the news that my grandad was taken ill.

“I got calls both from my dad and uncle who told me that he wouldn’t make it, and I felt so helpless as I couldn’t go and say goodbye.

“In the weeks that followed, we didn’t know if my dad and step mum could travel over to the UK for the funeral, as they didn’t know if it was classed as essential travel.

“Thankfully, they eventually got on a flight and flew in.

“At the funeral, I saw family that I hadn't seen in around 10 years.

“We couldn’t touch, hug, or console each other.

“Even when your heart is breaking from losing a loved one, you couldn’t do the natural thing and console the ones you love - it’s totally unnatural and goes against everything you have ever known.

READ MORE: Litter pickers find SOILED BOXERS as rubbish problems increase in Marlow

“And two days after the funeral, we had to put down our family dog.

"So my daughter’s behaviour during lockdown has been a rollercoaster of emotions and let’s just say lockdown has affected us in many ways.

“But we have had some amazing days and made lots of memories, but also had a lot of issues we have had to face."