A man was taken to hospital after being rescued from a house fire in the early hours of this morning.

The fire was reported at around 2.49am today (November 27) on Alexander Street in Chesham.


Bucks firefighters had to attend hundreds of deliberate fires in first lockdown

Art studio catches fire in Wendover

Three fire crews, two from Amersham and one from Beaconsfield, attended the scene.

The fire involved logs stored next to the fireplace in the front room.

Firefighters used one hose reel, two sets of breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera as they extinguished the blaze.

The rescued man was suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke and was subsequently taken to hospital.