An 18-year-old man from High Wycombe and a 17-year-old boy have both been jailed following a stabbing in the town.

Romario Hale, 18, of Hennerton Way in High Wycombe, and a 17-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared at Oxford Crown Court on Wednesday, March 31 where they pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm and possession of a bladed article.

READ MORE: Four arrested after early morning raids linked to child sexual exploitation investigation

Romario Hale was jailed on March 31 at Oxford Crown Court

Romario Hale was jailed on March 31 at Oxford Crown Court

Hale was sentenced to six years and nine months in prison for GBH, and nine months imprisonment for carrying a bladed article which he will serve concurrently.

The 17-year-old boy was sentenced to six years in prison for GBH and one-year imprisonment for possession of a bladed article, which will be served concurrently.

READ MORE: Man taken to hospital after suffering facial injuries in fight

This relates to an incident that happened on September 7, 2020, on Easton Street in High Wycombe, in which Hale and another teenage boy chased down a man in his 20s and stabbed him several times.

Bucks Free Press: The incident happened in September (Peter Manning)The incident happened in September (Peter Manning)

This resulted in serious injuries which he survived following emergency surgery.

They were charged on September 11, 2020, and convicted for their crimes on February 15, 2021.

The attacked happened on Easton Street in High Wycombe

The attack happened on Easton Street in High Wycombe

Investigating officer Detective Inspector Gill Fox, based at High Wycombe police station said: “This was an unprovoked and vicious attack which occurred late morning on a busy street in High Wycombe Town Centre causing distress to members of the public witnessing this incident.

READ MORE: Teenager avoids jail after robbing man at knifepoint and attacking a police officer

“The seriousness of this incident cannot be underestimated, and the sentencing reflects the gravity of offence committed. I would like to thank the members of the public who helped the victim and who came forward to support the police investigation.”