A ground-floor flat was badly damaged by a fire after a pan was left on a hob.

At around 3.30pm on Thursday, May 20, two fire engines from High Wycombe Fire Station and one from Beaconsfield Fire Station attended the scene at Highfield Court in Hazlemere.

READ MORE: 'We will miss you Steve' - Football club confirm that their vice chairman has passed away

Firefighters used one hose reel, two sets of breathing apparatus and a fan to put out the flames.

The ground-floor flat was heavily smoke-damaged and about 10 per cent damaged by fire.

There were no reported injuries.