One of Tom Kerridge's Marlow restaurants could be shut until Wednesday after staff had a mishap with water. 

Workers at The Coach in West Street learnt the hard way that water and electricity definitely does not mix this weekend - as chef Tom revealed staff had thrown "16 gallons" of hot soapy water into the electricity fuse box while cleaning down. 

Sharing the news on Twitter, Tom seemed to be in good spirits despite the incident possibly closing the restaurant for days. 

ALSO READ: Casino that councillors reluctantly allowed to open in 'magnificent' building applies to put up signs

He said: "Due to the team throwing 16 gallons of hot soapy water whilst cleaning down, into the electricity fuse box, I’m afraid The Coach Marlow isn’t open today.

"We hope to be back up and running by Wednesday, ready to welcome you. If we get it fixed earlier, I will let you know," adding laughing emojis at the end." 

ALSO READ: 22 ways you can tell someone is from High Wycombe

"Good to know even Michelin places have to deal with this sort of stuff," burger restaurant The Beefy Boys responded as they wished them luck with getting the power back on. 

Another Twitter user joked: "'Accident', of course on this bright and sunny Sunday." 

The Coach is a one-star Michelin pub popular with locals and foodies from further away alike.