Wycombe Wanderers face Milton Keynes this evening in the second leg of their League One play-off semi-final at Stadium: MK, knowing that a positive result will see the Chairboys head to Wembley.

Gareth Ainsworth’s men are 2-0 up from Thursday’s first leg win at Adams Park with Ryan Tafazolli and Sam Vokes getting the goals.

They travel up to north Buckinghamshire knowing that they are just 90 minutes away from a day out at the home of  English football, but, they will need to do it at a venue where they have only won twice in eight attempts.

So, let’s have a look back at those two wins over our Buckinghamshire rivals in their 30,500 seater-arena.

READ MORE: 'This is about sporting advantage' - MK owner defends 'fair' ticket allocation for Wycombe's fans

Saturday, April 17, 2010: League One: Milton Keynes 2-3 Wycombe Wanderers

After failing to win in their previous two attempts at Stadium: MK in the 2006/07 and 2007/08 seasons respectively, it was third time lucky as they went back down the A4010 with three points in what was an incredible game in north Buckinghamshire.

Wanderers were fighting to avoid relegation back down to League Two in what was their first-ever season in the third tier, and with three games to play after their match against MK, they knew a win was needed to have any chance of surviving.

On 29 minutes, the Adams Park side took the lead thanks to Alex Revell, before Aaron Wilbraham equalised on the stroke of half-time.

READ MORE: Gareth Ainsworth reveals new 'lucky charm' hairstyle for Wycombe's play-off push

Revell got his second on 64 minutes before Wilbraham again levelled with 15 minutes left, but with seconds remaining, Kevin Betsy scored the winner in front of the travelling Wycombe fans.

Cue mad scenes in the away end as the win gave Wycombe an important win in their fight to avoid the drop.

However, despite the victory, Wanderers were relegated at the end of the season, finishing in 22nd place.

Bucks Free Press: The final table for the 2009/10 season. Wycombe finished third bottom despite the win over MK (Wikipedia)The final table for the 2009/10 season. Wycombe finished third bottom despite the win over MK (Wikipedia)

Tuesday, November 12, 2019: EFL Trophy: Milton Keynes 1-2 Wycombe Wanderers

From the first year in the 2010s to the last, the second decade of the 21st century only saw Wycombe Wanderers and Milton Keynes play each other five times, three of those occasions being at Stadium: MK.

The final time during the period was a Football League Trophy match in November 2019, which saw another late winner go in for the Chairboys.

Witnessed by just over 1,000 people inside MK’s 30,500 venue, the home side took the lead through a brilliant Brennan Dickenson free-kick in the first-half.

READ MORE: Gareth Ainsworth reveals that Garath McCleary was a 'doubt' before Wycombe's win against MK

Nnamdi Ofoborh then equalised for Wycombe just before the hour mark with a fantastic half-volley from outside the box, which was his first goal for the club.

Wanderers’ Giles Phillips and MK’s Kieran Agard were then both sent off for an off-the-ball scuffle with two minutes remaining and as the match looked like it was going to end all square, Josh Parker scored a thunderous volley with seconds remaining.

It was his only goal during this second spell with the club between 2019 and 2021.