Former UKIP leader and current television presenter Nigel Farage recently stopped at an Aylesbury pub to film a live Q and A.

The 58-year-old, who is employed by GB News, visited the Dairy Maid pub on Dunsham Lane as part of his ‘Farage at Large’ segment, which was broadcasted on Thursday, May 26.

Around 100 people attended the venue to partake in the question and answers session, which saw Farage talk about the current immigration figures, the economy, as well as interviewing Olympian and Paralympians from the town.

Nigel Farage was in Aylesbury on May 26 (screengrab from GB News YouTube channel)

Nigel Farage was in Aylesbury on May 26 (screengrab from GB News' YouTube channel)


READ MORE: Ex-Wycombe keeper recalls the time his teammate was shot in Romania after ignoring mobster's orders

Topics such as HS2 were also brought to attention in the one-hour live broadcast.

Once the show concluded at 8pm, he then spoke to those in the crowd and posed for pictures.

Prior to his visit, Mr Farage said: “Buckinghamshire is always said to be for the gin and jags set, the affluent.

“We are coming to Aylesbury to show that this image does not reflect the lives of most people here.

“I expect the cost of living and falling confidence in our leaders to be big themes.”

READ MORE: Ex-Arsenal stars to play at Beaconsfield Town's ground in aid of QPR footballer who was murdered

At the time of writing, the 60-minute show was viewed 10,130 times on YouTube, with tens of thousands more watching the episode on television.

Describing the crowd as ‘enthusiastic’, the public figure also mentioned how he campaigned in the county for several years during his UKIP days, and how he was nearly killed in a plane crash near the town.

On the day of the 2010 general election (Thursday, May 6, 2010), a then 46-year-old Farage suffered a broken sternum, ribs and a punctured lung when a two-seater PZL-104 Wilga aircraft, flying a pro-UKIP banner, crashed in a field in Buckingham.

It was revealed in a report by the Air Accidents Investigation Branch, that the banner got caught in the vehicle’s tailplane, forcing the nose down.

READ MORE: ‘Dangerous’ dog to be put down after terrifying attack on child

Justin Adams, the pilot who was flying the plane, was eventually charged with making threats to kill Farage and an AAIB official involved in the investigation into the accident in separate incidents that same year.

In April 2011, he was found guilty of making death threats and given a two-year supervised community order.

He was then found dead in December 2013.