Four fire engines were sent to a care home in Hazlemere yesterday after reports of a kitchen fire.

Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue sent two appliances and crews from High Wycombe, one from Amersham and one from Beaconsfield to Beaumont Road yesterday evening (April 15) after receiving reports of a kitchen fire at around 5:32pm.

The four fire engines were spotted outside Trinity Place Retirement Home at 6:15pm yesterday.

A spokesperson for Bucks Fire and Rescue said a small fire had begun in the kitchen of a property on Beaumont Road, which had been put out by the time firefighters arrived at the scene.

They proceeded to naturally ventilate the building before leaving Hazlemere later last night. 

Cooking appliances accounted for 34 per cent of all accidental household fires in 2022/23.

Bucks Fire and Rescue has urged residents to always follow safe storage and cooking practices in the kitchen, including switching off the oven and keeping electrical leads and dishcloths away from the cooker or hob.