HIGH Wycombe terror suspect Assad Sarwar has been found guilty with two others of plotting to murder.

But a jury could not decide whether ringleader Abdullah Ali, 27, Assad Sarwar, 28, of Walton Drive, and Tanvir Hussain, 27, planned to blow up transatlantic passenger jets.

A verdict was not reached over High Wycombe co-defendant Umar Islam, 30.

He had pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit a public nuisance by making an alleged "martyrdom" video".

Jurors failed to reach verdicts on him and three other suspects who made the videos declaring their willingness to die.

The other three are Ibrahim Savant, 27, Arafat Waheed Khan, 27 and Waheed Zaman, 24.

An eighth man, Mohammed Gulzar, 26, was acquitted of all charges and was formally discharged.

The jury dismissed claims he was an “international terrorist” who came to the UK to supervise the plot.

The jury had been deliberating for 56 hours and nine minutes.

Surveillance on the alleged bottle bombers began after Ali returned from Pakistan in June 2006.

Over the following weeks, Ali and his friend Tanvir Hussain were seen visiting shops to buy tools and drinks bottles for their plot.

“Chemist” Assad Sarwar also began buying hydrogen peroxide, the main ingredient for the sophisticated bombs.

But it was only when a bug was secretly placed in the gang's bomb factory - an empty flat at Forest Road, Walthamstow - that the full scale of the plot was revealed.

Recordings from July 31, 2006, revealed Ali and Hussain talking about flights and holiday destinations in America.

They were also allegedly heard counting up the number of bombers - reaching a total of 18.

A video camera installed at the bomb factory also showed the pair drilling holes in the base of a drinks bottle.

On August 6, 2006, a surveillance officer watched Ali looking at the BAA Heathrow website in an internet cafe.

Ali selected seven flights, all leaving from Heathrow Terminal Three, and copied them on to a memory stick.

On August 9 the bug at the bomb factory recorded the making of a martyrdom video by 30 year-old convert Umar Islam.

Ali was also heard telling Islam that the 'time-frame' was a couple of weeks.

Three hours later Ali was arrested meeting chemist Assad Sarwar at nearby Waltham Forest Town Hall.

Officers discovered not only the recently-made martyrdom video but also Ali's memory stick containing details of seven highlighted flights.

The non-stop transatlantic journeys were to depart Heathrow for New York, Washington, Montreal, Toronto, San Francisco, Chicago at the same times each day between July and October 2006.

Between 241 and 285 passengers would travel on each 777, 767 or 763 jet belonging to Air Canada, United Airlines or American Airlines.

Ali was also carrying an address book containing a 'blueprint' for the bombs.

It included references to Lucozade and Oasis soft drinks and using colours and Tang fruit concentrate as part of the 'disguise'.

The blueprint also suggested the terrorists were planning to smuggle them through security, using condoms and a “dirty mag” to distract the attention of security guards.

It later emerged the bombs were a sophisticated new version of the explosives used in both the 7/7 and 21/7 attacks.

The 500ml drinks bottles would be filled with a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and Tang fruit concentrate.

Everyday AA batteries filled with the high-explosive HMTD would be used as detonators to set off the bombs in mid-air.

Government scientists were later able to construct a bottle bomb and film its devastating effects.

Six of the gang, including Ali, made martyrdom videos declaring their willingness to die for the cause of jihad against the West.

Neither Sarwar nor Gulzar made videos but were said by the prosecution to be important figures in the terrorist network.

The gang told jurors that they were only making a fake film to 'shock and awe' the British public and force a change in UK foreign policy.

Ali also claimed he was only intending to set off a small device and did not intend to kill or injure anyone.

But prosecutor Peter Wright QC told Woolwich Crown Court: “These men were actively engaged in a deadly plan designed to bring about what would have been a civilian death toll from an act of terrorism on an almost unprecedented scale.”