CALL in victim support, call in the police - Wycombe had their pockets well and truly picked by lowly Barnet at Adams Park this afternoon.

Despite enjoying the lion's share of possession, and even having the ball in the net through striker Adebayo Akinfenwa after the referee had failed to play advantage, it was second from bottom Barnet who cruelly stole the points.

Mauro Vilhete finished off a neat move for Barnet after 64 minutes, lifting the ball past goalkeeper Jamal Blackman for an undeserved opener.

And then after substitute Myles Weston was sent off for a second bookable offence, the North Londoners sealed victory when John Akinde slotted home in injury time. 

With a run of three home wins on the trot, Wycombe made two changes from the side which drew 1-1 at Mansfield Town.

Captain Paul Hayes was sidelined after picking up a knock in training, and was replaced by Garry Thompson.

While Matt Bloomfield, who scored the Chairboys' goal at Mansfield a week ago, started on the bench with Nick Freeman taking his place as Ainsworth set his stall out with a 4-4-2 formation, with Freeman giving him some width.

Barnet, with just two wins all season and lying 23rd of the 24 teams before this afternoon's clash, have never won at Adams Park.

The North Londoners opened brightly in the first couple of minutes and twice Wycombe goalkeeper Jamal Blackman had to be sharp out of his area as Barnet dropped balls over the defence aimed at targetman, John Akinde.

But then after four minutes, skipper for the day, Joe Jacobson picked out a perfect cross which found Paris Cowan-Hall running in but he headed wide from the angle.

Barnet's defence looked very fragile with the back four looking very pedestrian and on the back foot.

An innocuous cross after eight minutes from Michael Harriman was nervously headed over his own bar six yards out by Bees' skipper Michael Nelson. 

Jacobson then chipped in a near post corner to Adebayo Akinfenwa and his polished goalbound flick towards goal just needed a Wycombe player to finish.

That finish was found six minutes later, but was controversially ruled out after the referee failed to play an advantage.

After 14 minutes, Paris Cowan-Hall wriggled his way through despite his shirt being tugged by a Barnet midfielder. His cross found Akinfenwa six yards out who beat Barnet central defender Bondz N'Gala to head in at the far post.

However, referee Graham Horwood had already blown for the foul and, despite boos from the Adams Park crowd, the Bedfordshire official controversially awarded Wycombe a free-kick 25 yards out, which came to nothing.

It was a poor decision, which left Wycombe boss Gareth Ainsworth with his head in his hands.

It was all Wycombe who were dominating possession in the first half, working the ball primarily down the right flank.

The midfield battle was being won and balls were being pinged into the Barnet box without producing the finished article. Barnet's shaky defence was certainly there for the picking, with the robust frame of Akinfenwa causing plenty of grief.

Jacobson blazed one left-foot effort wide. Then, when Danny Rowe was tripped on the edge of the area midway through the half, the ball broke from the 25 yard free-kick to Nick Freeman, whose low and hard drive from range skimmed through a crowd of defenders and harmlessly wide.

Cowan-Hall then got in front of N'Gala to head the ball over from close range from a Garry Thompson right-wing cross after 34 minutes.

In injury time, Akinfenwa played a neat lay-off inside the area to Cowan-Hall, who ghosted past two players and stayed on his feet despite taking a knock from Barnet midfielder Vilhete. Instead of going down under the tackle to win a probable penalty, the Wycombe front man stayed on his feet only for his lofty delivery to sail across the six yard box and to safety.

After being penned in their own half for must of the first 45 minutes, Barnet started the second period strongly.

It needed a great piece of defending inside the opening 90 seconds from Harriman lying on the ground inside his area to thwart the huge presence of former Wycombe loanee Akinde. When the ball broke free, the Barnet player skied his shot from the edge of the area with goalkeeper Blackman yet to make a save.

Stewart sharp snap shot from edge of the area straight at goalkeeper which was punched away on 51 mins.

Cowan Hall did find his voice for a penalty appeal after 55 minutes, darting into the area from the right wing and hitting the turf under Luke Gambin's challenge. But, despite appeals from players and Wycombe fans behind the goal, the referee waved away appeals.

The Wycombe bench weren't happy and following the penalty appeal, the referee had a word with Wycombe coach Barry Richardson, alerted by the fourth official.

Then, against the run of play, Barnet stole an equaliser after 64 minutes.

Akinde held the ball up well on the left-hand touchline, slipped the ball down the line to substitute Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro who had only come on the pitch nine minutes earlier.

His deft flick inside found tiny Mauro Vilhete who, despite the big six foot six inch frame of goalkeeper Blackman closing down and the tightest of angles to goal, the Portuguese-born player produced a neat finish from the angle of the six yard box for a shock lead.

Within two minutes, Ainsworth made a double substitution for Wycombe, throwing on Scott Kashket and Myles Weston for Thompson and Freeman.

The goal seemed to take the wind out of Wycombe who had dominated for so much of the match, but had nothing to show for their possession.

Barnet, conversely, had their tails up and their no-nonsense, tough tackling approach saw them tighten the game, with just Akinde lurking up front and Bees' players tucked in behind forming a formidable white-shirted defensive wall.

In fact, the biggest goal threat fell to Akpro who chanced his luck with a lob from half way over goalkeeper Blackman three minutes from time, the ball just floating wide of the left-hand post.

To make matters worse, Wycombe substitute Myles Weston was sent off for a second yellow card on 87 minutes after tripping Vilhete as he strode forward near the half way line. It was a definite booking and an unhappy return for the former Southend United player, who was returning to the first team after a groin injury.

And then in the third minute of injury time, Akinde completed a miserable day for Wycombe. The Barnet forward broke free of central defender Aaron Pierre, rounded goalkeeper Blackman and slotted home right-footed for his ninth goal of the season.

A thoroughly miserable and undeserved defeat.

Wycombe: Blackman, Harriman, Jacobson, Stewart, Pierre, Thompson (sub: Kashket, 67), Rowe, Gape (sub: Bloomfield, 83), Freeman (sub: Weston, 67), Akinfenwa, Cowan-Hall. Substitutes: Brown, Bloomfield, Wood, O'Nien, De Havilland.

Barnet: Vickers, Hoyte, Vilhete, N'Gala, Nelson, Sesay, Champion, Muggleton, Weston (sub: Taylor, 79), Gambin (sub: Akpa Akpro, 55), Akinde (sub: Kyei, 94). Substitutes: Stephens, Dembele, Watson, Amaluzor.

Referee: Graham Horwood (Bedfordshire)