Chiltern beat Beaconsfield 35-28 on Saturday to retain the Bucks Cup in incredible fashion.

It wasn't all plain sailing for Chiltern as they were hit by illness to the always influential Jordan Scott who was suffering from a really nasty stomach bug and lasted only 10 minutes.

Beaconsfield were 6-3 to the good with just minutes to go to the break but Jack Kenyon gave Chiltern a priceless 8-6 lead at the interval with a brilliant try,

Chiltern now had the wind at their backs and the outstanding Teddy Reus at scrum half regularly pegged Beaconsfield back with accurate box kicks.

Sam Risbridger extended Chiltern's lead and Monty Wetherall, who had a stunning game moving to 10 to replace Stuart Pearham, kicked an amazing conversion from the touchline to make the score 15-6 to Chiltern. However, failure to secure the ball from the subsequent kick off immediately gave Beaconsfield the chance to reduce the deficit with another penalty 15-9.

Having not been awarded a penalty try in the first half after repeatedly destroying the opposition scrum within 5m of their line it was more than a little frustrating that after Beaconsfield were correctly awarded a penalty from the subsequent catch and drive and a stumble as they moved forward they were immediately awarded a penalty try to put them ahead 16-15.

Chiltern came straight back and after another scrum penalty Weatherall kicked Chiltern back in front 18-16.

However, Beaconsfield rallied and looked to have one hand on the trophy when they took what looked like a match-winning 28-18 lead.

Back came a highly aggrieved Chiltern who were ferocious in attack. They turned over Beaconsfield's ball and Jake Cutter put a delicate little chip kick forward. Flanker Joe Batt gave chase and outsprinted the Beaconsfield centre to score a splendid try in the corner. This was unconverted but brought the score to 23-28. Two minutes later another turnover ball had Chris Naisby seize on the loose ball, he cleverly chipped it forward, caught the ball on the bounce and ran in from 40m to put Chiltern back in front. The try was converted by Weatherall so 30-28 ahead.

The extraordinary comeback was complete when Giles Westgarth went over for a try late on to seal the deal.

A club spokesman said: "It was an extraordinary game and one that will be talked about for many years to come.

"It is sad that so many Bucks clubs don’t seem to want to be involved in the cup competitions but those lucky enough to be at Beaconsfield were served up a fantastic absorbing game which showed other clubs just what they are missing."