Wycombe Wanderers pulled off another amazing comeback, beating Doncaster Rovers 3-2 in the final minutes after being 2-0 down with 15 minutes to go.

Paris Cowan-Hall was the hero as he coolly headed home in the 90th minute to send Adams Park into a frenzy.

Rovers raced into a two-goal lead early in the second half after a very even first half before Wycombe's incredible comeback.

It was a quiet start at Adams Park in the early stages with both teams feeling each other out.

Wycombe had the first real effort on goal on 15 minutes as Paris Cowan Hall’s fierce effort was brilliantly saved by Ian Lawlor after good work by Jason McCarthy.

From the resulting corner, Matty Blair broke down field and went through on goal but Dominic Gape produced a sensational last-ditch challenge to deny him when he was about to shoot.

The game was an even affair and Nathan Tyson had a half-chance on 19 minutes when he met Sido Jombati’s raking cross but he headed wide under pressure from Tom Anderson.

Doncaster looked dangerous going forward and Herbie Kane unleashed a ferocious volley on 23 minutes which was well held by Ryan Allsop.

Neither side were creating anything too clear-cut as the game approached the interval. Adam El-Abd tested Lawlor with a good header from Joe Jacobson’s corner but the Doncaster stopper held on easily.

Wanderers were playing some nice football and Dominic Gape blasted over from 20 yards after an intricate move involving Matt Bloomfield, Nick Freeman and Jacobson.

The Blues started the second half on the front foot and had the first attempt at goal on 47 minutes when Curtis Thompson lashed a strike wide from 15 yards.

Doncaster almost took the lead two minutes later when Mallik Wilks got in behind Adam El-Abd but Allsop came to the rescue to smother the chance.

Rovers were beginning to get a foothold in the game and James Coppinger belted a shot wide on 50 minutes.

The visitors were looking a real threat as John Marquis robbed El-Abd on the halfway line on 52 minutes but the Wycombe skipper got back heroically to block Wilks’ shot from 12 yards.

Grant McCann’s side then took the lead on 59 minutes when a poor clearance found its way to Coppinger. He played a lovely ball into the path of Marquis, who made no mistake from six yards.

The Chairboys were hunting an equaliser but they were finding it hard to break down an organised Doncaster backline.

Freeman had a go from 25 yards on 66 minutes but his piledriver failed to test Lawlor.

However, Rovers dealt Wycombe a sucker punch on 69 minutes when Marquis kept the ball in play on the by-line and he pulled it back for substitute Tommy Rowe to stroke home.

The Blues were searching for a way back and Cowan-Hall provided it on 76 minutes, lashing home a magnificent volley to give Lawlor no chance.

Then came the late heroics as Thompson rifled home a brilliant leveller on 89 minutes from 20 yards.

Cowan-Hall's winner was greeted with pandemonium in the terraces as Wycombe halted their losing run and beat another promotion chasing side.

WYCOMBE WANDERERS: Allsop, McCarthy, Jombati, El-Abd, Jacobson, Thompson, Gape, Bloomfield (sub: Kashket, 71), Freeman, Tyson (sub: Akinfenwa, 71), Cowan-Hall. Subs: Yates, Stewart, Mackail-Smith, Harriman, Samuel.

DONCASTER ROVERS: Lawlor, Blair (sub: Mason, 64), Anderson, Butler, Andrew, Kane, Coppinger (sub: May, 84), Whiteman, Crawford (sub: Rowe, 67), Marquis, Wilks. Subs: Marosi, Mason, Smith, Greaves, Lewis.

REFEREE: Trevor Kettle