High Wycombe recorded a superb 33-21 victory over Bicester in the Southern Counties North Division on Saturday.

Wycombe started strongly and two big carries from Ayrton Hooker put the home side on the front foot. With quick ball the ball was spun wide and a strong carry from Osian Lewis took play up to the Bicester twenty-two. He timed his pass to perfection to put Mitch Green away who looked as if he was going to score, but some excellent defence hauled him down two metres from the line. With support arriving quickly Bicester were forced into conceding a cynical penalty and the referee awarded a penalty try with the Bicester player receiving a yellow card 7-0.

Bicester pulled a penalty back after a poor lineout from Wycombe.

Matt Wardle then produced some magic as he put in an accurate kick which was picked up by Dan Kier who was helped over the line by Wardle to score, with the kick made. However, Bicester clung on to score a penalty before half-time to make it 14-6 to Wycombe at the break.

Wycombe started the second half quickly and Joff Forber took a quick tap and went over to score an opportunist try which wasn't converted.

Wycombe added to their score when an overthrown lineout was snaffled by Tom Boardman. With the ball recycled a strong carry by Alex Chitan took play deep into the Bicester twenty-two. He fed the ball out toWardle who held off several tackles to go over and score, kick made 26-6. Bicester hit back and made life difficult for Wycombe to make it 26-21 with the game finely poised. With just over ten minutes and five points between the teams the game was up for grabs. Up stepped Harry Tanner who had not long been on the field. With Bicester securing a lineout the ball was fed out to the backs and a long pass in midfield was expertly read by Harry who intercepted the ball on the half way line, and he had the pace to run the ball back to score under the post, kick made for 33-21 and the final score.

Wycombe are next in action on February 9 when they face Buckingham away (2.15pm)