Two goals in each half secured a comfortable 4-0 victory for Swindon Supermarine as the Rams endured more awayday misery in the Southern League Premier Division.

Last season, on their way to the league title, Beaconsfield Town carried all before them on the road. This term, admittedly at a higher level, they can’t buy a result away from Holloway’s Park and Saturday’s 4-0 reverse at the hands of Swindon Supermarine was amongst their most dispiriting as Gary Meakin’s men failed to register a serious effort on target in the entire afternoon.

Conditions didn’t help with a fierce swirling wind combining with a sticky surface to produce an untidy and error strewn afternoon.

Beaconsfield began brightly enough but it was the home side who settled best with the wind in their favour.

They went in front on 14 minutes when Henry Spalding and Ryan Campbell, who had already forced an early save from Charlie Burns, combined to put the home side ahead. Spalding getting to the byline on the right before pulling back a cross which picked out Campbell 12 yards from goal. The winger steadied himself and drove in a measured finish across Burns and into the bottom corner.

Four minutes later the young winger netted his second with a goal that owed as much to the conditions as the skill of the finish. Another cross from the busy Spalding was cleared by the Beaconsfield defence but the header was caught in the gale and dropped like a stone 20 yards out where Campbell met it on the volley, his strike arrowed into the net with Burns clutching at thin air.

The Rams pressed but were unable to find the quality to prise open the Supermarine defence and it was the home side who carried the greater threat with Conor McDonagh and skipper Stuart Fleetwood giving the Beaconsfield defence as much as they could handle ably assisted on either wing by Campbell and Spalding, who was instrumental in most of the home team's best chances.

At half-time, Omar Vassell replaced Louis Stead for the visitors, slotting in at right back and allowing Jordan Ajanlekoko to move into midfield and again the visitors started brightly forcing a corner.

The home side easily defended the kick and broke with devastating effect. Campbell and Fleetwood combined on the edge of the box and played in McDonagh who finished across Burn from a narrow angle to make it 3-0, effectively ending the contest after 46 minutes.

Meakin introduced former Staines duo Thomas Gogo and Billy Montague, replacing Brendan Matthew and Ajanlekoko but the game was gone and although the pair showed great willingness and endeavour it was difficult for them to exert any influence on proceedings.

The visitors generated free-kicks and good possession but lacked cohesion and simply could not get to grips with the conditions. Crosses and through balls repeatedly flew out of play or carried harmlessly through to Josh Hill in the home goal who was barely extended all afternoon.

It was no surprise that it was Supermarine who finished the scoring on 82 minutes and similarly no surprise that Fleetwood capped a captains performance with a thoroughly well deserved goal, sweeping in from six yards after good work from substitute Brad Hooper.