Marlow United crushed Reading City U23s 7-0 to keep their Thames Valley Premier League title hopes alive.

Al Mckie gave United an early lead and buoyed by the start, United poured forward with Liam Bushay and Adam Harman missing the target

The lead doubled with Bushay finding Josh Fox on right of the area, his fiercely hit cross finding the arm of a defender with the referee pointing to the spot.

Penalty expert Chris Hurst stepped up and rifled the ball past the diving Cubbage.

On 25 minutes, a move involving Harman and Hurst gave Bushay the chance to add the third goal from close range, Marlow then had to wait until two minutes before half-time to ram home their superiority, a flowing move begun by Ollie Flint finding Bushay, he picked out Fox on the right, his cross being met by Qwam Thomas on the edge of the area, the shot skidding under the diving Cubbage

Marlow took a few minutes to settle in the second half but once they did they began to dominate the play, threatening to increase their lead through Flint, Fox, Hurst and Bushay who all had chances.

The goal inevitably arrived on 75 minutes with Alfie Lucas skipping past two challenges before laying the ball into Hurst to notch his second goal from close range.

Five minutes later Lucas was again the provider, picking out Felix Prudden who ran into the area before being upended by a mistimed challenge.

Step forward Hurst to score from the inevitable spot kick, in the process notching a hat-trick and converting an incredible eleventh penalty from twelve attempts this season.

Kaser Chowdhary was introduced for his league debut with United, replacing Fox on eighty minutes,

City’s pain continued with the industrious Harman rounding off the scoring two minutes from the end, scuffing home the ball after Hurst and Lucas created the opportunity.

City threatened a consolation with a long range effort skimming the post before the referee ended proceedings .

Five games left, commencing with a visit to Woodley Royals up on Saturday (kick off 2pm).