Beaconsfield Town secured a priceless win in their quest to survive in the Southern League Premier Division, beating Frome Town 1-0 on Tuesday evening.

Following on from an excellent 3-1 win over Dorchester Town on Saturday, the Rams made it three wins on the bounce to almost secure safety.

In the sixth minute, a howitzer clearance from keeper Rob Brown was misjudged by the Beaconsfield back line, allowed to bounce and lashed goal-wards by Ollie Knowles who saw his effort bounce to safety off the base of Ravan Constable’s left-hand post.

The Rams did get a controversial winner when Brendan Matthew appeared to foul defender Joe Low but the referee disagreed and Matthew scored his 21st goal of the season.

Prior to Matthew's third goal in as many starts, the home side had been largely in the ascendancy. Constable made two good saves from front men Troy Simpson and Ryan Bath but as Beaconsfield came to terms with the terrain, the surface and the muscular and agricultural style of the home team it was apparent that The Rams were not about to be bullied in the face of the onslaught.

Frome became more desperate, bad tempered and upset with the injustice of it all.

The home crowd roundly abused the officials and various Rams players in colourful terms.

Frome created one serious chance on 69 minutes when a misplaced Jerome Ecclestone pass resulted in a through ball to Rex Mannings who pulled the ball back for Bath, his effort was superbly blocked by Constable.

At the other end, the Rams created and spurned several highly presentable chances to put the game beyond reach, notably a one on one which produced a fine blocking save by Wood who moments later was fortunate to escape censure when he appeared to handle outside the box in a one on one with Matthew, who attempted to lift the ball over the advancing keeper who blocked the ball with his upper arm and then seemed to pull Matthew back as the loose ball bounced behind him on the edge of the box.

On the night Beaconsfield, to a man, answered the call, withstood the initial onslaught, embraced the physical challenges and won their individual battles. As a result they emerged from an uncomfortable evening with three well deserved points and now find themselves four points from absolute safety with six games to play.

They now face Wimborne Town at home on Saturday (3pm).