BURNHAM recorded a first win of the new season after a 2-1 victory against Tring Athletic in the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup on Tuesday, writes Rob Stevens.

It had been an emotional week for the all involved with the football club following the

sudden death of Luca Skivington

, the son of Chairman Glenn Skivington, with the cup tie being postponed last weekend.

A goal from Aaron Berry gave

the Blues

an early lead at The Gore but Max Mitch equalised for Tring before the break.

The visitors from the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division were reduced to 10 men after half-time and before Burnham went back in front with a goal from Joe Blout. Tring finished the cup tie with just eight players on the pitch following a late injury and a second red card.

Burnham will travel to Southern League Division One South club Slimbridge in the preliminary round of the FA Cup on Saturday 24th August.

The Blues return to action with a trip to Wallingford Town in round two of the Hellenic League Challenge Cup this Saturday (3pm).

Holmer Green are out of the FA Cup this season after a 5-4 defeat on penalties to Shrivenham in an extra preliminary round replay.

The Greens took a narrow lead heading into the break at Watchet Lane, but Shrivenham equalised through Tom Ballard with two minutes of normal time remaining.

Flackwell Heath return to action with a visit to Wilks Park from Marlow United in round two of the Challenge Cup this Saturday (3pm).

Risborough Rangers completed a hat-trick of wins in Hellenic Division One East following a 4-1 victory at home against Kidlington Development.

Two goals from captain Joel Read either side of a Brian Haule penalty kick gave Rangers a clear lead heading into the break at Windsors.

A goal from Laurence Clark secured the points three minutes before the end of normal time although Kidlington did bag a consolation goal through Anaclet Odhiambo in time added on.

Risborough Rangers host Heyford Athletic in round two of the Challenge Cup this Saturday (3pm).

Marlow United are still looking for their first league points in the season after a 4-3 defeat at Woodley United on Monday night.

A goal from Christ Hurst gave Marlow the lead at Rivermoor, before Woodley equalised five minutes later through Teddy Thomas. The home side then edged after via Max Laschok, but Jean-Claude Ettenne levelled the scores and Charlie Bull gave Marlow a narrow advantage heading into the break.

A goal from Jon Malone brought Woodley level again in the second half, and the hosts secured all three points when Joe Sissons scored in time added on.