CHESHAM United completed a hat-trick of home wins in the Southern League Premier South after a 2-1 victory against Blackfield & Langley in the first-ever meeting with the division newcomers on Saturday, writes Rob Stevens.

The Generals appeared to have won a penalty kick early on at The Meadow as Dernell Wynter was bundled over by Zak Sharp inside the box, but nothing was given by the match referee.

The hosts were unfortunate not to break the deadlock when Wynter fired in an angled drive that beat keeper Lewis Noice but came back off the far post.

Chesham opened the scoring as man-of-the-match Adam Martin crossed to the far post where Steve Brown headed in just after the half-hour mark.

Blackfield & Langley came back to equalise on the stroke of half-time when Lerone Plummer rose unmarked to score with a near-post header from a Charlie Gunson corner.

The Generals came close to restoring their lead shortly after the break but Harry Medway cleared off the line as Martin headed on a Dave Pearce free-kick.

The home team were gifted the chance to win the points three minutes from time as substitute Jefferson Louis was clearly shoved to the ground by Devane Bongou. Pearce blasted the resulting spot-kick into the net to secure all three points.

The win means Chesham move up four positions to fourth place in the league table.

Chesham turn their attention to the FA Cup and a first qualifying round tie at home to Fleet Town from the Wessex League Premier Division this Saturday (3pm).

Beaconsfield Town are still looking for their first win and points in the Premier South this season after a 1-0 defeat at Weston-super-Mare.

The Rams have lost all six of their opening league matches but were left to ponder how they managed to leave The Optima Stadium with nothing to show for their best performance so far.

The visitors were unfortunate not to take the lead in a goalless first half after the lively Jon-Jo Bates unleashed a fine shot that cannoned back off the Weston crossbar with keeper Niall Maher well beaten.

The woodwork denied Beaconsfield again five minutes after the break when Charlie Losasso cut inside and his curling effort beat Maher, but not his post.

Shawnikki Clement-Peter then saw an effort hacked off the line moments later as the ball would not go in for The Rams.

The main threat from Weston came via Nick McCootie and it was no surprise that he bundled the ball home from a corner on the hour mark. There was a strong suspicion that new custodian Myles Bowman had been impeded in the build up but referee Matthew Ruston did not agree.

The unbeaten home team were unfortunate not to double their advantage as Joel Randall saw his shot bounce back off the post.

Beaconsfield turn their attention to the FA Cup and a first qualifying round tie at Sutton Common Rovers from the Combined Counties League Premier Division on Friday (7.45pm).