BEACONSFIELD Town recorded their first win in the Southern Premier South this season after a 2-1 victory at Harrow Borough on Tuesday, writes Rob Stevens.

The Ramshad suffered defeat in all of their first seven league matches but the success at the Earlsmead Stadium gives them hope of soon rising above bottom spot in the table.

Beaconsfield were without keeper Myles Bowman due to food poisoning so manager Gary Meakin handed a debut to untried stopper Borja Loeches.

Harrow broke the deadlock when Ryan Moss was first to a cross from Frank Keita and sent a downward header from close range past Loeches, who remained rooted to his line, after 17 minutes.

The visitors equalised as Tyrell Mitford met a cross from Mayowa Balogun and the substitute held his nerve to produce a downward header past keeper Hafed Al-Droubi in the 78th minute.

Beaconsfield took the lead when Mitford was first to a speculative ball forward and steered it over the advancing Al-Droubi with six minutes of normal time remaining.

The Rams were still searching for their points in the league after a 4-0 defeat against Wimborne Town on Saturday.

The hosts were unfortunate not to take the lead at Holloways Park when a shot from Dean Morgan deflected onto the crossbar.

Wimborne were then twice denied an advantage, first by a flag from the assistant referee for offside and then a shot that the clipped the outside of the post.

A Tony Lee brace gave the visitors a clear lead heading into the break, before a Stef Penny penalty kick and a Luke Burbridge strike in the second half secured all three points.

Beaconsfield turn their attention to the FA Cup and a home tie in the second qualifying round against Hemel Hempstead Town from the National League South this Saturday (3pm).

Chesham United moved to the top in the league table after a 3-2 win against Hayes & Yeading United at The Meadow on Tuesday.

The Generals took the lead when Karl Oliyide beat the defence in a foot race and slotted under the keeper after 26 minutes.

Hayes & Yeading equalised following a mistake from keeper Ben Goode which allowed former Generals loanee Dejon Noel-Williams to score in the 34th minute.

The visitors took the lead from the penalty spot before the break as Steve Brown was adjudged to have made a foul when it appeared he won the ball cleanly inside the box.

Chesham levelled the scores when Dave Pearce scored from the spot. The penalty was awarded for handball.

Hayes & Yeading were then reduced to 10-men as a red card was shown for a foul on Romario Hart. Pearce converted from the spot to secure all three points for the home side.

Chesham completed a hat-trick of wins in all competitions after a 3-1 victory at Merthyr Town in the league on Saturday.

The Generals had previously beaten Blackfield & Langley plus a win in the FA Cup at home to Fleet Town.

Merthyr took the lead at Penydarren Park with a goal from Iain Traylor inside 15 minutes before Pearce equalised for the visitors.

The home team were unfortunate not to restore their advantage before the break when Chesham keeper Goode saved a shot onto the crossbar.

The Generals secured all three points in the second half thanks to goals from Hart and Pearce.

  • Ryan Blake has finished his second spell with The Generals and is expected to join Thame United from Southern League Division One Central.

Blake rejoined the club in 2018 after a season with Enfield Town. In his previous three-year spell at The Meadow he scored a number of crucial goals including the winner in the famous triumph over Bristol Rovers in the first round proper of the FA Cup, and at Peterborough United the following season.

Blake made 213 appearances and scored 55 goals for Chesham but has decided to leave in search of more regular first team football.

  • Jefferson Louis has signed for Hampton & Richmond Borough in the National League South after leaving The Generals last week. It will be a 38th different club for the 40-year-old striker.