BEACONSFIELD Town managed their first clean sheet in four matches in all competitions after a 0-0 draw with Merthyr Town in the Southern Premier South on Saturday, writes Rob Stevens.

Welsh club Merthyr had the ball in the back of the net in the first half at Holloways Park but the effort was ruled out as the assistant referee had his flag raised for offside.

The Rams saw appeals for a penalty before the break turned down as Brendan Matthew looked to be fouled when driving into the box but he tried to stay on his feet and no spot-kick was given.

The home team looked the most likely to win the match in the second half as Louis Stead fizzed a shot narrowly over the crossbar, Reece Yorke glanced a header wide of the post and a cross-come-shot from Tyrell Mitford hit the top of the net.

The draw means Beaconsfield remain at the bottom of the league table and now five points from safety ahead of a trip to seventh-placed Gosport Borough on Tuesday (7.45pm).

TWEET: Hani Berchiche scores to equalise for Chalfont St Peter in the 2-1 win against Barking on Saturday.

Chesham United ended their three match winless streak in the league after a 1-0 win against Wimborne Town at The Meadow on Saturday.

The Generals were unfortunate not to take the lead in the first half when Sam Jenkins mishit a shot that fell to Karl Oliyide, but he could only turn the ball against the post.

The home team were frustrated further after the break as substitute Adam Martin saw his shot kicked off the line, but the deadlock was finally broken six minutes from the final whistle.

Zak Joseph drilled the ball across goal and Bradley Clayton touched it into the net at the near post.

The win means Chesham have moved up one place to third position in the table ahead of a trip to mid-table Hartley Wintney on Tuesday (7.45pm).

Bucks Free Press:

PHOTO: Ricky Brennan (far left) scores for Chalfont St Peter in the first time of time added on. PHOTOS: Ian Doorbar

Chalfont St Peter ended their five-match winless streak in all competitions after a 2-1 victory against Barking in the BetVictor South Central Division on Saturday.

Barking took the lead at Mill Meadow after Ricky Tabard was fouled inside the box and Michael Dixon comfortably beat keeper Dan Purdue with the resulting spot-kick on 28 minutes.

The Saints equalised before the break as a loose ball bounced to Hani Berchiche who fired past keeper Montel Joseph despite a last-ditch tackle from Sam Owusu.

The home team were unfortunate to hit the crossbar before half-time and were awarded a penalty in the second half when Jack Hayes fouled a forward inside the box. Riccardo Alexander-Greenaway took the resulting spot-kick but Joseph guessed correctly and saved the effort.

Barking then had appeals for a penalty turned down when it appeared Dixon was wrestled to the floor inside the box.

Chalfont secured all three points in the first minute of time added on as the ball rebound off a Barking defender to present Ricky Brennan with the easiest of chances.

Bucks Free Press:

PHOTO: Chalfont St. Peter celebrate one of their two goals in the 2-1 win against Barking on Saturday. PHOTOS: Ian Doorbar.

The Saints have dropped one place to seventh position in the table despite the win, but are just a point outside the play-off spots.

Chalfont turn their attention to the Velocity Trophy and a visit to Mill Meadow from league rivals FC Romania in Group Five on Wednesday (7.45pm).

Marlow ended their four-match winless streak in the league following a 2-0 win at Waltham Abbey on Saturday.

A goal from Kelvin Bossman gave The Blues the lead inside four minutes at Capershotts, and the home team were dealt a further blow when Billy Holland was shown a straight red card five minutes later.

The visitors secured all three points as Bossman netted his second goal of the match in the final minute of normal time, keeping Marlow in 12th position in the table.

The Blues make the trip to Hanwell Town in Group Five of the Velocity Trophy on Tuesday (7.45pm).