CHESHAM United extended their unbeaten run in the Southern Premier South to three matches after a 2-1 win at Hartley Wintney on Tuesday, writes Rob Stevens.

The Generals broke the deadlock at The Memorial Playing Fields as a long throw from Adam Martin was flicked on by Mark Kirby and Eoin Casey poached at the back post.

The visitors were gifted the chance to double their advantage when Kirby won a header from a corner kick and Casey was brought down inside the box. Martin converted the resulting spot-kick but keeper Luke Williams did manage to get a hand to the ball.

TWEET: Adam Martin scores from the penalty spot for Chesham United. Tweet: @CheshamUtd_Live.

Hartley Wintney pulled a goal back on the hour mark as Adam Cornell scored with a fantastic header from a free-kick delivered right under the crossbar.

The win means Chesham remain in third position in the league table and a single point behind leaders Tiverton Town, with the two sides set to meet in Devon on Saturday 2nd November.

The Generals turn their attention to the FA Trophy and a first qualifying round tie at Basildon United from the Isthmian League North Division this Saturday (3pm).

Beaconsfield Town remain at the bottom of the league table despite a 0-0 draw at high-flying Gosport Borough.

Gosport were unfortunate not to take the lead before the break at Privett Park as a forward tried to finish but somehow keeper Myles Bowman managed to get his body in the way and the ball was cleared off the post.

The Rams had two opportunities to break the deadlock in the second half when Peters saw his goalbound effort blocked by the legs of the keeper, before diving a full length to tip a fierce shot from Ademola Shokunbi over the crossbar.

Beaconsfield face a trip to Westfield from the BetVictor South Central Division in the first qualifying round of the FA Trophy this Saturday (3pm).

Marlow saw their five-match unbeaten streak in all competitions come to an end after a 3-0 defeat at Hanwell Town in the Velocity Trophy on Tuesday.

A penalty kick from Gareth Chendlik and a Harry Tamplin goal gave Hanwell a clear lead heading into the break at Reynolds Field, before Chendlik secured victory in the Group Five clash with his second goal after half-time.

The Blues had not tasted defeat since losing at Westfield over four weeks ago and now turn their attention to the FA Trophy and a visit to Oak Tree Road from Southern Division One South side Sholing in the first qualifying round this Saturday (3pm).