STRUGGLING High Wycombe Hockey Club picked up their first win of their South Premier League campaign beating basement side Wokingham 3-2, to give their survival chances a boost.

Wycombe, who previous to Saturday's game had drawn twice this season but not won a match, left it late to win last weekend.

They went behind early on when a Wokingham strike was rebounded into the net off a Wycombe defender.

Wycombe must have felt luck wasn't with them when they had two penalty appeals denied and then saw Dan Strange's strike hit the post.

But all their pressure was rewarded when Andy Burroughs slotted home Jamie Dru's cross to level it.

Wycombe took the lead after the break when Paul Wallis rounded a defender and chipped the keeper.

But they were pegged back by an isolated Wokingham attack, which saw the visitors find the net.

With time running out, Wycombe netted the winner when Tim Prior prodded the ball home after Burroughs had his shot saved.

Other hockey news is as follows:

Wycombe's 2nds went down 3-2 to Old Georgians.

The Bucks side were 2-0 down by the break, having conceded both goals from penalty corners.

Skipper Richard Reeves, returning from injury, pulled one back for Wycombe before Georgians restored their two-goal lead from another penalty corner.

Chris Allfrey's shot gave Wycombe hope again, but they ran out of time.

The 4ths enjoyed a 4-3 win over league leaders Leatherhead in the second round of the Surrey Open League Cup.

Patrick van Reijendam gave Wycombe the lead with his reverse stick strike only to see Leatherhead equalise.

Wycombe immediately restored their lead, through Simon Webber but, again, Leatherhead levelled it.

Reijendam added his second goal of the game before John Reid claimed Wycombe's fourth and even a late third from Leatherhead didn't unnerve Wycombe.

Wycombe's 4As ended Staines' run of good results with a convincing 4-0 victory.

Two goals from the influential Roger Addison and one each from Kevin O'Linn and county junior player Dorian Proudfoot maintained Wycombe's second place position in Division Two of the Four Counties league.

There was a goal rush at Brunel where Wycombe's 6ths had a 6-3 win over Eastcote.

First half hat-tricks by Russell Leather and Tim Jarrett gave Wycombe a handsome 6-1 lead at the break.

They let two in after the break but Wycombe held on for the win.

Amersham had a disappointing 5-2 defeat at British Airways in their Four Counties first division match.

Amersham lost Rhys-Davies early on, after he broke a bone in his hand.

Gerrards Cross moved up to third after their 2-0 win over Bicester.