BEACONSFIELD Town are now seven matches without a win in all competitions after a 2-1 defeat against Walton Casuals in the Southern Premier South on Saturday, writes Rob Stevens.

The Rams have not tasted success since beating Blackfield & Langley back in September and this most recent defeat sees them remain bottom of the league table, five points from safety.

The home team broke the deadlock inside 10 minutes at Holloways Park when Louis Stead set himself and arrowed a volley into the top corner from 25 yards. His effort left Walton keeper Alex Tokarczyk grasping at fresh air and is one of the better goals you will see anywhere this season.

Walton Casuals appeared to have equalised through Michael Atkinson after the break, but his effort was chalked off when the referee and his assistant concluded the shot had passed a teammate in an offside position and in the direct line of sight of keeper Myles Bowman.

The visitors did level the scores as substitute James Ewington burst onto a through ball in the left channel and angled a shot across Bowman and in off the far post.

The pressure put on by Walton finally told in the fourth minute of time added on when Charlie Fox nipped in ahead of Jordan Ajanlekoko to direct a downward header low into the corner and past the despairing dive of the Bowman.

The Rams now turn their attention to a must-win match at second bottom Hendon this Saturday (3pm).

Chesham United continue to make progress in the Southern League Cup after a 4-1 in against Didcot Town from Division One Central at The Meadow on Tuesday.

The Generals opened the scoring when Zak Joseph scored with an effort from the edge of the box.

Their advantage was doubled as Didcot keeper Leigh Bedwell spilt a shot from Eoin Casey and Dave Pearce finished into the roof of the net.

TWEET: Dave Pearce scores to give Chesham United a two-goal lead in the 4-1 win against Didcot Town in the Southern League Cup on Tuesday.

The visitors were gifted the chance to pull a goal back when keeper Jonathan North brought down a striker inside the box and the resulting spot-kick was converted.

Chesham appeared to have restored their two-goal lead as Casey tapped in but his effort was ruled out for offside before the break.

The Generals did score a third goal in the second half thanks to a header from Mark Kirby, before Dernell Wynter made it four with a flicked volley into the far corner of the goal.

TWEET: Mark Kirby heads in to make it 3-1 to Chesham at The Meadow.

Chesham missed the chance to climb to the top of the league table after their trip to leaders Tiverton Town was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Ladysmead on Saturday.

The Generals welcome Farnborough to The Meadow this Saturday (3pm).