BEACONSFIELD Town are out of the League Challenge Cup this season after a defeat on penalties against Banbury United on Tuesday night, writes Rob Stevens.

Banbury broke the deadlock in the second round tie at Holloways Park when a kick from the keeper went straight down the middle and Ryan Nesbit ran on to the ball to slot past Myles Bowman. The Rams custodian managed to get a touch on the ball but it was not enough to stop the effort nestling in the corner of the net.

The home team equalised as Alex Nolan put a cross into the box and Jon-Jo Bates jumped with the keeper, appearing to have got a touch on the ball that put Beaconsfield level.

The Rams had the better chances after the break as Bates, James Taylor and Charlie Losasso all had efforts as by the Banbury keeper.

Beaconsfield return to action in the BetVictor Southern Premier South when fellow strugglers Yate Town make the trip to Holloways Park this Saturday (3pm).

Chesham United exited the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup after a 3-1 defeat at Newport Pagnell Town from the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.

The Generals were reduced to 10-men early on in the first round tie at Willen Road as Bendie Idikayi was shown a straight red card for a foul when last man.

TWEET: Cheshsam United Academy captain Josh Smith, 16, was handed his first team debut in the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup on Tuesday.

Newport took the lead from the resulting free-kick as Ben Shepherd put the set piece right into the top corner.

The home team doubled their advantage when Michael Lyons volleyed home from a corner kick before the break.

Chesham pulled a goal back in the second half as Rhys Martin played in Karl Oliyide with a lovely through ball and he buried the chance.

Newport then restored their two-goal advantage when a shot from debutant Jamaine Ivy beat keeper Doyle-Creamer at his near post.

The Generals gave Academy captain Josh Smith, 16, a first team debut as a second-half substitute in the cup tie.

Chesham return to action in the league with a trip to Weston-super-Mare this Saturday (3pm).

Marlow made progress in the Senior Cup following their 6-5 win on penalties against Windsor from the Hellenic League Premier Division.

TWEET: Karl Oliyide pulls a goal back for The Generals in their defeat to Newport Pagnell Town in the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup.

A penalty kick from Marcus Mealing gave The Blues the lead inside two minutes of the first round tie at Oak Tree Road, but Charlie MaCaskill equalised for the visitors five minutes from the final whistle.

The resulting shoot-out went to sudden death after Kelvin Bossman, Ashleigh Artwell, Louis Rogers, Charlie Samuel and Devonn Reid all scored for the home team. The Windsor penalties scorers where Luke Brooks-Smith, Syd Woods, Dylan Ive, captain Luke Appleton and Samir Bajja.

Ronayne Marsh-Brown then saw his spot-kick saved by Windsor keeper Nojus Trinovas, but the away team could not take advantage as Andrew Higgins hit the bar with his effort.

Malachi Caesar then scored for Marlow to put the pressure back on Windsor, and it told as MaCaskill saw his penalty saved by the keeper.

The Blues return to action in the BetVictor South Central Division with a trip to Chipstead this Saturday (3pm).

Chalfont St Peter saw their Senior Cup first round tie against league rivals Bracknell Town postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Mill Meadow on Tuesday.

The Saints make the trip to Staines Town in the South Central Division this Saturday (3pm).