BEACONSFIELD Town saw their 10-match winless streak in all competitions come to an end after a 3-2 victory at Ascot United in the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup on Tuesday night, writes Rob Stevens.

The Rams had not tasted success since beating Blackfield & Langley in a league match back in September, but they eventually got the better of Ascot in the first round tie at the racecourse.

The higher-league visitors broke the deadlock with a goal on the counter-attack from an Ascot free-kick. Brendan Matthew began the move when driving forward and eventually slotted home after a squared pass from Ademola Shokunbi.

Beaconsfield were unfortunate not to double their advantage as a cross-come-shot from Shokunbi drifted over the keeper but bounced off the post.

The Combined Counties League Premier Division side equalised after the break when a ball over the top found Ian Davies and he finished at the second attempt as Myles Bowman saved his first effort.

The Rams were unfortunate not to restore their lead as Matthew rounded the keeper but hit the post.

Ascot then got their noses in front when a drive forward from Fabien Etienne ended with a shot that went in off the far post - a cue for wild celebrations.

Bucks Free Press:

PHOTO: Brendan Matthew scored twice and hit the post for Beaconsfield in the Senior Cup win at Ascot United.

The visitors should have won a penalty kick when Matthew was fouled inside the box, but nothing was given from the match referee.

Beaconsfield levelled the scores as Jon-Jo Bates turned down the line and crossed the ball for Matthew to finish and score his second goal on the night.

The Rams secured their progress when Charlie Losasso fired into the net after good work from Kane Guy-Seifert.

Beaconsfield return to action in the BetVictor Southern Premier South when fourth-placed Swindon Supermarine make the trip to Holloways Park this Saturday (3pm).

League leaders Chesham United did not have a fixture to fulfill in midweek and host Dorchester Town at The Meadow on Saturday (3pm).

In the BetVictor South Central Division, Marlow welcome second-placed Harlow Town to Oak Tree Road this Saturday (3pm).

Chalfont St Peter return to action with a visit to Mill Meadow from Bracknell Town in round one of the Senior Cup next Tuesday (7.45pm).

Bucks Free Press:

PHOTO: Beaconsfield ace Ademola Shokunbi, left, hit the crossbar with cross-come-shot.

Flackwell Heath suffered a third straight defeat in all competitions at Wilks Park after a 2-1 loss to Brackley Town Saints in the Hellenic League Premier Division.

Brackley broke the deadlock inside seven minutes as a good breaking move was finished by James Hammond.

The visitors doubled their advantage when soaking up the pressure and scoring on the break through Ryan Knight in the 73rd minute.

The Heathens pulled a goal back with 10 minutes remaining as Mo Ceesay bent in a free-kick to leave the keeper with no chance.

The defeat leaves Flackwell in 13th position in the league table ahead of a trip to third-bottom Royal Wootton Bassett Town this Saturday (3pm).

Holmer Green remain second from bottom following their 3-0 defeat at Reading City on Monday night.

Reading came close to taking the lead at The Rivermoor Stadium when Mitch Parker directed a great low cross from Arthur Furness towards goal but his effort hit the post.

Bucks Free Press:

PHOTO: Charlie Losasso scored the third goal for Beaconsfield Town

The hosts were then gifted the chance to break the deadlock as Parker won a penalty kick, but Cashin saw his spot-kick towards the bottom left-hand corner saved by The Greens keeper.

The home side eventually took the lead when Parker dribbled down the right and whipped in a cross for Ellis Cowd to head in at the back post after 69 minutes.

Reading were unfortunate not to double their advantage as Parker cut inside and tried to curl a shot into the top left corner but his effort hit the crossbar.

The hosts eventually got a second goal when Fergus Burton got the ball under control and and fired home into the bottom right corner in the 80th minute.

Reading secured all three points as Parker lost his man and put a shot through the legs of the keeper and in off a defender with two minutes remaining.

Holmer Green make the trip to fourth-placed Shrivenham this Saturday (3pm).

Marlow United moved to within two points of Division One East leaders Risborough Rangers after a 3-1 win against Long Crendon on Tuesday night.

A goal from Chris Hurst gave The Flying Blues the lead inside seven minutes at the Alfred Davis Memorial Ground. The visitors equalised two minutes into the second half, but Marlow secured the points with goals from Charlie Bull and Liam Bushay,

Marlow return to action with a trip to Kidlington Development in the Hellenic League Floodlit Cup next Tuesday (7.45pm).

Penn & Tylers Green stand in sixth position in the table following their 4-4 draw with Abingdon United at Holloways Park.

Penn make the trip to AFC Aldermaston on Saturday (3pm) whilst Risborough Rangers return to action when making the journey to Holyport next Tuesday (7.45pm).