CHESHAM United saw their four-match winning streak in all competitions come to an end after a 3-2 defeat at Salisbury in the BetVictor Premier South on Saturday, writes Rob Stevens.

The Generals had not tasted defeat since the loss in the league at Metropolitan Police back in November and this most recent reverse sees them lose ground in the race for the title.

Promotion-chasing Salisbury broke the deadlock at The Raymond McEnhill Stadium with a curled shot from Ollie Knowles midway through the first half.

The visitors were unfortunate not to equalise before the break as two shots were cleared from the goal line plus an effort that was disallowed after a foul from Eoin Casey.

The home team doubled their advantage with a goal on the counter. Shaquille Hippolyte-Patrick went clear down the right and whipped a cross into the box for Toby Holmes to head in on the hour mark

Chesham had appeals for a penalty kick turned down when the referee judged Karl Oliyide was hauled down outside the box, but The Generals did pull a goal back from the resulting free-kick.

Dave Pearce delivered the set-piece into the box and the header from Casey was right into the top corner in the 65th minute.

Bucks Free Press:

PHOTO: Eoin Casey scored the first of the two goals for The Generals on Saturday.

The Generals levelled the scores at 2-2 as Oliyide beat the defence to the ball and, one-on-one with Liam Armstrong, guided it past the keeper after 74 minutes.

There was to be one final twist in the game as Salisbury were awarded a penalty kick four minutes later and Bay Downing sent Ben Goode the wrong way from the spot to secure the hosts all three points.

The defeat means Chesham have dropped one place to third position in the table and now three points behind Tiverton Town, but with a game in hand on the league leaders.

The Generals turn their attention to the Southern League Cup and a quarter-final against Coalville Town from the Premier Division Central at The Meadow on Tuesday night (7.45pm).

Beaconsfield Town moved off the foot of the league table following their 3-1 win against new basement side Dorchester Town at Holloways Park.

It was a must-win game for The Rams who had not won at home in the league since the victory against Blackfield & Langley back in September and leaves them two points behind Yate Town in the promotion/relegation play-off spot.

The home team broke the deadlock when Ademola Shokunbi put the ball into the box and James Ewington slotted home from close range after 16 minutes.

Bucks Free Press:

PHOTO: Beaconsfield Town boss Gary Meakin.

Beaconsfield doubled their advantage before the break as Charlie Losasso set off down the right and his early low cross is slotted into the net by Ewington.

Dorchester were unfortunate not to half the arrears in the opening seconds of the second half when Tom Bath met a cross from Ben Morris, but his header came back off the post.

The Rams secured all three points with a fortunate goal in the 49th minute. Louis Stead broke down the left and his cross into the box was diverted past keeper Shane Murphy by a Dorchester defender.

The hosts came close to a fourth goal when a corner from Losasso was headed towards goal and Jordan Ajanlekoko helped the ball on, but his effort came back off the bar.

Dorchester were gifted the chance to pull a goal back as Beaconsfield keeper Myles Bowman brought down Bath inside the box. The Town number nine dusted himself down to convert the resulting spot-kick after 78 minutes.

Beaconsfield travel to Hayes & Yeading United on Tuesday night (7.45pm) before a short trip to rivals Chesham in the all-Bucks derby match on Saturday (3pm).