RISBOROUGH Rangers have remained unbeaten for the first half of the season in the Hellenic League Division One East, writes Rob Stevens.

Rangers have made an incredible start to the campaign with 14 wins and two draws from their 16 league matches and lead the chasing pack by five points with the added advantage of games in hand.

The runaway leaders made it four straight wins in the league after a 4-2 victory against Holyport at Summerleaze Village on Saturday.

A Sam Pekun brace gave Risborough a clear lead inside the first 15 minutes but Fabian Drifill pulled one back for Port before the half-time whistle.

The home side levelled the scores when Daniel Rapley found the back of the net, but Rangers got their noses back in front with a goal from Davis Haule 15 minutes from time and secured the points through Brian Haule in the dying seconds.

Risborough make their second trip to Summerleaze in four days to take on second-from-bottom Langley on Tuesday night (7.45pm).

Marlow United are now six matches without a win in all competitions following their 5-1 defeat at Milton United.

Bucks Free Press:

A goal from Louis Bloomfield gave Milton a narrow lead heading into the break at Potash Lane.

Ollie Nadin then became the star of the show with a second-half hat-trick and there was a further goal from Ryan Barney before Alfie Wras bagged a late consolation effort for the visitors.

The defeat leaves Marlow in eighth position in the table ahead of the all-Bucks derby match against rivals Penn & Tylers Green at the Alfred Davis Memorial Ground on Tuesday night (7.45pm).

Penn & Tylers Green have reached the semi-final in the Berks & Bucks Senior Trophy after an 11-2 thrashing of Mortimer in the last eight.

A goal from Dean Allen gave Penn the lead inside eight minutes but Mortimer were back on level terms quickly via Lee Vincent.

The home team took a clear lead into the break however thanks to goals from Gary Lines and Obudemi Dayo.

Further strikes from Dean Munday and Hamid Rashid extended the advantage for Penn before Vincent got his second goal for Mortimer.

Bucks Free Press:

The hosts were not done there though and both Allen and Lines scored twice more to complete their hat-tricks with Rashid and James Hancock also on the scoresheet inside the final 15 minutes.

Flackwell Heath did not have a fixture in the Premier Division and return to action with a short trip to Windsor on Tuesday night (7.45pm).

Holmer Green are now on a 20-match losing streak in all competitions after a 7-0 defeat against Brackley Town Saints at Watchet Lane.

An unfortunate own goal plus an effort from Ryan Knight gave the visitors a clear lead on the half-time whistle. Knight scored twice more to complete his hat-trick in the second half with further goals for Lewis Gabbidon and Hayden McConnell.

The Greens are 10 points adrift at the bottom of the league table ahead of a visit to Watchet Lane from Easingston Sports this Saturday (3pm).