Wycombe’s victory against Blackpool was overshadowed after a fan was taken ill roughly 45 minutes before kick-off.

An air ambulance landed onto the pitch with paramedics treating the gentleman for around three-quarters-of-an-hour, with the game’s kick-off being delayed by 65 minutes. 

READ MORE: Air ambulance lands on Adams Park pitch as Wycombe's match against Blackpool is delayed

And after the game started at 8.50pm, Wycombe were quick out of the blocks with Nick Freeman getting Wycombe’s first goal just after four minutes, after he fired in Alex Samuel’s low cross which had been poorly cleared by Jordan Thorniley from 12-yards.

It was Freeman’s second goal of the season, his first since September.

READ MORE: Why Wycombe's game against Blackpool is a must-win 

And the Chairboys doubled their lead just four minutes later through Alex Samuel.

Samuel, who is very much a fan favourite at the club, scored his third goal of the campaign through sheer determination.

After being put through by David Wheeler, Samuel, despite being held back by Ben Heneghan, shrugged off the Blackpool centre-back and slotted past Howard from 18-yards.

It was Samuel’s first league goal of the campaign.

Blackpool rarely threatened during a poor first-half from their standards, as they finished the opening 45 minutes without having a shot on target.

READ MORE: LIVE BLOG: Wycombe Wanderers 2-1 Blackpool: Fan taken ill before kick-off

Wycombe continued the second-half like they finished the first with the home side dominating play, as Anthony Stewart’s header was tipped onto the bar by Mark Howard seconds into the restart.

The chances continued to flow for the home side as Paul Smyth's shot was parried by Mark Howard from 15-yards before Matt Bloomfield fired wide from the rebound.

And just three minutes later, Wycombe should have had their goal of the day, but David Wheeler saw his header from Jason McCarthy’s free-kick just go over the top of the crossbar.

It looked like Wycombe were going to rue these missed chances as Blackpool started to get into the game midway through the second-half.

Ollie Turton and Joe Nuttall both had long-range efforts that didn’t really test David Stockdale, but with five minutes to go, Blackpool got themselves back into the game when substitute Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall pulled a goal back for the visitors when his 20-yard effort swerved past the former Fulham keeper.

Blackpool threw the kitchen sink at the Chairboys, but the home side held on and secured their first win against Blackpool since 1999 and their first home win against the Tangerines since 1998.

The result means Wycombe are back in the automatic promotion places.

Up next for Wycombe is a trip to MK Dons on February 1 in the Bucks derby.