Both David Smith, director of the club’s fan-owned holding company Wycombe Wanderers Supporters Group Limited and Trevor Stroud, Chairman of Wycombe Wanderers Trust, have praised the way new chairman Rob Couhig has come into the club.

Rob Couhig completed the takeover of the Chairboys in February, purchasing 75 per cent of the club with the Wycombe Wanderers Trust owning the remaining 25 per cent.

READ MORE: WYCOMBE ARE PROMOTED: Chairboys secure Championship dream in Wembley win

And Smith admitted from the first time he met Mr Couhig, he felt that he was the 'right guy'.

He said: “I think from the first moment that we met Rob, we felt we got the right guy.

“We hadn't met Peter or any of the rest of the family, but we met Rob.

“We had a board meeting which Trevor rang Rob and said that we'd like to work with him.

“And he said, ‘I'll be on the plane’ and by Wednesday, he was meeting the full trust board.

“So within 48 hours, he was over here and pretty much with his chequebook.”

READ MORE: Oxford United 1-2 Wycombe Wanderers as it happened

Smith believes the business expertise of Mr Couhig has allowed the club to grow in a certain way to benefit the club.

He continued: “He had such faith in us, Trevor Stroud particularly.

“And I think we, in turn, trusted him, that he was the man that we thought he was.

“And certainly, history so far seems very much to be supporting that.

READ MORE: A message from Wycombe Wanderers to the fans who have always been there

“I think we've been extremely fortunate in how it's turned out and we've got a man who is a real enthusiast.

“He's a businessman, but it's in all our interests that he's a businessman because we need the club to be financially stable, and to be able to put the time and expertise in it.

“I think that's if there's one big difference between the way that we were able to run the club as the trust.

“What the Couhigs have been able to do is to find the time and the resources to enable us to develop the club.

Bucks Free Press:

Wycombe celebrating promotion to the Championship

“We were essentially fighting fires and I think we fought fires remarkably well in the circumstances.

“But nonetheless, that's all we really ever have the time to do and we've made a lot of progress in some areas.

“David Cook's responsible for a lot of that.

"But in terms of the business aspects of the club, it was a real struggle.

“With Rob and Pete arriving, things were just able to change.”

Trevor Stroud then revealed he admired the way Rob Couhig still makes the club feel fan-owned, with the owner being completely transparent with the board members.

READ MORE: IN PICTURES: Wycombe celebrate promotion to the Championship

Stroud said: “Rob goes at length to say that we are still fan-owned and that's great and certainly the transparency in the conversations we have.

“We have a monthly board meeting.

“We have a weekly board catch up at the moment because there's so much going on and there is complete transparency from there.

“We feel part of the group still.

“And yes, there will be areas where there needs to be debate and discussion, but Rob is very open to that.

READ MORE: LIVE AT WEMBLEY: Reaction as Wanderers beat Oxford in play-off

“He will decide at the end and that's the way it should be.

"But he is very much open to debate of any decision, which is great.”