Wycombe’s 14-game unbeaten run in the league has come to an end as they lost 3-0 away at Bolton Wanderers.

A brace from Kyle Dempsey and a strike from Aaron Morley gave the home side their first goals and first win over the Chairboys at the fifth attempt, which saw Wycombe be second best throughout.

Despite the away side having the game’s first chance when Wheeler’s cross was palmed away by James Trafford, the Trotters were quick out of the traps and did to Wanderers what they did to Burton last week.

READ MORE: Live at the UoB Stadium: Bolton Wanderers 3-0 Wycombe Wanderers: Chairboys easily defeated by the Trotters

On 15 minutes, they took the lead through Kyle Dempsey with what was his first goal of the season.

He was found by Conor Bradley on the left-hand side, and the 26-year-old took one touch and placed it beyond Tyla Dickinson from 15-yards.

In his first appearance of the season, it was his first goal for the club.

Bolton continued to push Wycombe’s backline to no end as Amadou Bakayogo, Dapo Afolayan, and Aaron Morley all tried their luck.

Wycombe responded as Lewis Wing hit the post on 27 minutes, whilst Josh Scowen tested James Trafford with two first-time efforts.

However, the Chairboys going forward meant they were exposed at the back.

This allowed Afolayan to produce a stunning cross-field pass to find Morley, who took one touch before placing it under Dickinson five minutes before the break.

READ MORE: Parry's Previews: How Wycombe and Bolton Wanderers were worlds apart just 10 years ago

That’s his second goal in two games.

This came moments after Anis Mehmeti saw his close-range header go over the bar.

Wycombe improved in the second period as Wing, Garath McCleary and  Mehmeti all tried their best to Gareth Ainsworth's men back into the contest. 

But MJ Williams and Ricardo Santos were on hand to thwart and attack in the centre of Bolton’ defence.

READ MORE: 'They don’t matter at all' - Gareth Ainsworth ignores Wycombe's good record against Bolton

The game was wrapped up midway through the second half when Dempsey’s first-time shot went beyond Dickinson to make it 3-0.

The rookie keeper was on hand to deny Dempsey his hat-trick in the final 10 minutes with a terrific save from 10-yards, but in all, the game belonged to Ian Evatt’s men.

Up next for the Chairboys is Northampton Town in the EFL Cup on Tuesday, before hosting Shrewsbury Town on August 13 in League One.