Wycombe Wanderers manager Gareth Ainsworth has reflected on his side’s 1-1 draw against Charlton Athletic at Adams Park.

The Chairboys took the lead through Anis Mehmeti’s third goal in six matches this league season, before Jesurun Rak-Sakyi equalised less than a minute later.

Overall, Wanderers managed to muster an incredible 20 shots on goal during the contest, with eight forcing Joe Wollacott into action, with many of the other attempts being blocked.

READ MORE: Live updates at Adams Park: Wycombe Wanderers 1-1 Charlton Athletic - Points shared in Bucks

The point moves Wycombe into 12th in the League One table.

Speaking after the draw at Adams Park, Ainsworth said: “This was a great advert for League One football.

“We gave it away just one too many times in the final third, they then broke on us, we won it back, then we would do the same.

“That was the story of the game and they really didn’t trouble Max [Stryjek] at all, but they are a good side and Ben [Garner] has got a style that they are sticking to, so fair play to them.

“But on another day, we would have beaten them.”

The game started off slow before the visitors had the first chance of the match, but Rak-Sakyi’s shot skimmed the side of Stryjek’s goal.

From the resulting goal kick, Wanderers went 1-0 up through Mehmeti before the on loan Crystal Palace man riffled in his second strike of the season.

Conceding seconds after going a goal ahead disappointed the manager, but he decided to take the positives away from the draw.

READ MORE: Points shared at Adams Park as Wycombe Wanderers draw with Charlton Athletic

Ainsworth continued: “The boys did try as we were brilliant, and I am sure Charlton were thinking what hit them during the opening period.

“But we needed to stay alert after going a goal up.

“We became vulnerable, and we just switched off, it took a deflection and it’s gone in and that happens.

“But both teams could have gone for it and they didn’t really have a shot on goal in the second half, which was blocked by Alfie [Mawson], but we didn’t really lay a glove on their goal.

READ MORE: Why are these football fans going to walk nearly five hours for a Bank Holiday Monday fixture?

“It looked like we could have got more but in the final third, we gave it away one too many times.

“But we dominated the first-half and that is where we should have won the game.”