Wycombe Wanderers bounce back from defeat against Charlton in a comfortable 2 – 0 victory against 10-man Carlisle United. 

The first chance of the game fell to Jasper Pattenden three minutes in, who was fortunate to receive a miss hit from Sam Vokes end in the full back’s path, but would fire the ball well over the bar.

A flurry of Wycombe attacks was being attacked by Chris Forino whose aerial prowess was on full display. First a flick on to Freddie Potts.

McCleary's Corner just couldn’t be converted as it fell to Forino but his header went down and was an easy stop for Jökull Andresson.

But that would be his last positive impact on the game after a moment of madness, as the Icelandic keeper was completely unaware of Vokes standing ten yards behind him. The Carlisle Shot stopper would drop the ball to waste time and get his side forward but the Welsh international would sneak up on him ripping the ball from his feet.

This caused Andresson in a frenzy to rush down and block the ball but used his right arm in the process outside his box. Then referee Scott Tallis would give Carlisle’s number 25 his marching orders.

However, the Blues would respond quickly, after Armer's cross caused a clash between Richard Keough and Jon Mellish, the ball would line up perfectly for Fin Back’s low strike hitting the near post.

Garath McCleary would be inspired after the sending-off and would take on anyone and everyone, the winger would tease Paul Huntington to dive in to stop his alluring turns and spins winning the Wanderers a penalty.

In the 40th minute, Luke Leahy would step up to the spot and slot his penalty into the bottom right corner giving the Chairboys the lead.

McCleary’s enthusiasm was inspiring others Hanlan started showing his flair, with his cross going to the Jamaican who couldn’t wrap it home to secure a two-nil lead going into halftime.

To open the second period, Vokes would go close twice, his first opportunity with a brilliant Wycombe move starting with Scowen who dips his cross to the far post, allowing Pattenden to head it back across goal, but the former Burnley Forward would catch it to high, as the ball lopped over the bar.

His second chance came yet again from Scowen who leaked Matt Bloomfield’s number nine through on goal but would toe punt it straight at the keeper.

The wasted shot seemed to cause a switch-off in midfield as Jordan Gibson would charge through releasing Maguire but brilliantly blocked by Joe Low.

Finally, Sam Vokes would get his goal, having his defender pinned allowed pots to place into his path, and the Welshman would easily roll his defender placing the ball into the bottom right corner.

Attendance 5499