A Late, late show from Marlow gained a point from a below-par performance against Barton Rovers.

Two goals in the last 11 minutes were needed to take a point from what was not one of the better performances from the Blues so far this season.

Marlow were missing Jordan Brown, Richards Witt, Jay Welch and Simon Grant, so had setup in a new formation to try and be more secure through the middle. The combination of these factors may have contributed to a less than glittering performance against a Barton team who have had a slow start to the season.

The first period saw few chances at either end although Kelvin Bossman did go close with a well-hit curling volley as early as the 4th minute for the Blues, which ended just wide of the angle of the goal.

For Barton, Jet Esso headed wide from a good position, whilst Danny Watson swung at a low cross from the right but pulled his shot across the goal and wide. As the Blues countered, Kelvin Bossman was also off-target with a header from Isaac Osei-Tutu's cross in the last real opportunity before the interval.

It was a case of more of the same for the next quarter with the first goal not arriving until the 66th minute.

A long cross from the right was met by Barton’s Charlie Payne who struck it sweetly back towards goal, but it required a deflection from Calam Gallimore to help it past Oneal Garnes and into the Marlow net.

The unfortunate Gallimore managed top find the net again just four minutes later when in trying to intercept and clear a ball though the middle, he found the top corner of his own goal to gift the visitors a second.

A few minutes later manager Mark Bartley made a double substitution with Kamaron English and Josh Francis entering the fray.

The pace and determination of English was soon rewarded as his chase to a ball through the middle paid dividends as hesitation between defender and keeper saw him manage to get a boot to the ball to touch it past the stranded duo and run into the net.

Buoyed by this unexpected turn of events the Blues pushed for an equaliser and this soon arrived with a tempting, curling cross from Marcus Mealing finding the far corner off the inside of the post with captain, Chris Ovenden, claiming the faintest of touches to see it home. The blues pushed for a winner but with just three minutes left on the clock it was no surprise the final breakthrough did not materialise.