Wycombe Wanderers boss Gareth Ainsworth has provided an update on the spectator that collapsed in his side’s 1-0 win over Oxford United.

After 15 minutes, a person in the West Stand of the Kassam Stadium collapsed due to a 'suspected heart problem' and was treated by numerous medical professionals at the ground.

The fixture was then brought to a halt with both sets of players heading back to the dressing room.

READ MORE: Oxford United vs Wycombe Wanderers restarts following a 'medical emergency' at the Kassam Stadium

In all, the match was delayed by 40 minutes.

Since then, Ainsworth has told the press that the person in question is ‘stable’, and that there was a possibility that the clash between the two Thames Valley rivals could have been abandoned.

The incident happened moments after Max Stryjek had saved an Oxford penalty.

Ainsworth said: “The whole of Wycombe Wanderers would like to send their thoughts and prayers to the person in the incident that happened in the first-half.

“In the first 15 minutes, Max saved a penalty, and soon after, somebody collapsed in the stand with a suspected heart problem.

READ MORE: FT at the Kassam Stadium: Oxford United 0-1 Wycombe Wanderers: Forino scores after 40 mins delay

“As far as we know, we had decisions to make and we said that if everything was OK, we would continue the game.

“Thankfully, we have heard that he has left in a stable condition at the hospital and have our fingers crossed for this person.

“I know the fans and players will send their best wishes and we hope the person involved gets well soon.

“There were options to not play the game but Oxford and the stewards handled this really well and both sets of supporters should have some credit in the way they behaved.”

READ MORE: Medical emergency overshadows Wycombe's first away win at Oxford since November 2014

The win, which was secured by Chris Forino’s header in 33 minutes, ended a run of three straight league defeats.

It’s also Wanderers’ first win at the Kassam since November 2014.