Wycombe Wanderers boss Gareth Ainsworth has admitted that he is ‘not too concerned’ with the club’s home fixture against Oxford United potentially being moved forward.

The Chairboys were to due take on their Thames Valley neighbours on Saturday, January 7, 2023, at Adams Park, but the Kassam Stadium side will play Premier League leaders Arsenal in the third round of the FA Cup that weekend.

The match will now be moved and with Wanderers not having another midweek fixture until Thursday, December 29, there is a possibility that the M40 Derby could be moved to an earlier date.

READ MORE: Wycombe Wanderers fans to appear on popular weekend TV show

However, Ainsworth stated that if the game were to be played this month, it would not be ‘too much of a problem.’

In March, Wycombe's home match against Fleetwood was moved 11 days earlier, as the Cod Army had several players going away on international duty the weekend the two sides were due to play.

Speaking to the press ahead of the club’s match against Portsmouth on December 4, he said: “We will see what the FA will come up with and we will make sure to make the right calls at the right time.

“But I’m not too concerned about that.

“Both us and Oxford are getting our players back now from injury so I don’t think it will be too much of a problem.

“It’s just a case of the analysis and the preparation but it’s not something to worry about and in a way, it can be a positive.

“It will give us a few more extra days off [in January when the fixture was due to be played], and help a few more players get back fit.”

READ MORE: Gareth Ainsworth's thoughts on the behind-the-scene access for Wycombe vs Portsmouth

Wycombe last played Oxford United at Adams Park in January this year, as goals from Curtis Thompson and Brandon Hanlan gave the Chairboys a 2-0 victory over their rivals.

The win put Wanderers on top of the League One table, however, the triumph was overshadowed due to a pitch invader striking Oxford’s Mark Sykes, along with homophobic chanting coming from the away end.

The intruder was given a lifetime ban from Adams Park, whilst Thames Valley Police released statements on the incidents.