Five year anniversary vigil held at police station

Five year anniversary vigil held at police station

Five year anniversary vigil held at police station

First published in News Bucks Free Press: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

A VIGIL in memory of a man who died five years ago in police custody was held on Friday.

The Justice4Paps campaign group held the vigil outside High Wycombe Police Station from 5 to 8pm on the birthday of Habib Ullah, who would have been 45.

Mr Ullah suffered a cardiac arrest and died on July 3, 2008 after being restrained by police officers who were trying to force drugs out of his mouth, an inquest in December 2010 was told.

The inquest was later abandoned after the coroner was told police officers had been advised to alter parts of their statements by a solicitor.

The vigil was also a protest from Mr Ullah's family who continue to fight for answers.

Family representative and campaign director, Zia Ullah, said there were about 75 to 80 people at the vigil.

Families from London attended and also the family from the Leon Briggs Campaign from Luton, who are pushing for police officers to wear body cameras for all interaction with the public.

Mr Ullah said: "It was not just to mark his birthday but just to ensure we try to keep it in the public profile.

"We will still carry on doing it until such a time there is closure on this and until someone is held accountable."

Habib Ullah's three children, who are eight to 15, handed in a birthday card addressed to their dad to the police at the end of the vigil.

Mr Ullah said they were well received by the police.

Comments (9)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:27pm Tue 24 Dec 13

marie izzard says...

oh wow what a surprise, the troll Tigeran is back again, each time an article is published on this matter you have something to say, these people hold these vigils in remembrance of their loved one, it does not mean they are mad, there are still questions to be answered, and regardless of whether he was a criminal, he did not deserve to die in those circumstances, nor does anyone else,
oh wow what a surprise, the troll Tigeran is back again, each time an article is published on this matter you have something to say, these people hold these vigils in remembrance of their loved one, it does not mean they are mad, there are still questions to be answered, and regardless of whether he was a criminal, he did not deserve to die in those circumstances, nor does anyone else, marie izzard
  • Score: -6

7:24pm Tue 24 Dec 13

tigeran says...

marie izzard wrote:
oh wow what a surprise, the troll Tigeran is back again, each time an article is published on this matter you have something to say, these people hold these vigils in remembrance of their loved one, it does not mean they are mad, there are still questions to be answered, and regardless of whether he was a criminal, he did not deserve to die in those circumstances, nor does anyone else,
The only questions I can think of is just how bigger criminal was this guy?! There is no 'trolling' to do, if you can't accept the truth, don't bother posting!
[quote][p][bold]marie izzard[/bold] wrote: oh wow what a surprise, the troll Tigeran is back again, each time an article is published on this matter you have something to say, these people hold these vigils in remembrance of their loved one, it does not mean they are mad, there are still questions to be answered, and regardless of whether he was a criminal, he did not deserve to die in those circumstances, nor does anyone else,[/p][/quote]The only questions I can think of is just how bigger criminal was this guy?! There is no 'trolling' to do, if you can't accept the truth, don't bother posting! tigeran
  • Score: 6

8:10pm Tue 24 Dec 13

DocD says...

Fact 1: Habib has no conviction for drug dealing. Fact 2: There is a due process to determine the 'truth' in these circumstances which is a IPCC investigation, an inquest and a subsequent verdict which may lead to a criminal trial. This process has not concluded so any conjuncture on your part Tigeran is not helpful. Your inputs are just spiteful and just betray your own biases in this matter and most importantly of all are disrespectful to the family members who have suffered this tragedy and will read these comments. Read the site terms on the bottom of the page about posting anything that is FALSE, ABUSIVE or MALICIOUS as family members may wish to consider banning you for your false comments on this matter
Fact 1: Habib has no conviction for drug dealing. Fact 2: There is a due process to determine the 'truth' in these circumstances which is a IPCC investigation, an inquest and a subsequent verdict which may lead to a criminal trial. This process has not concluded so any conjuncture on your part Tigeran is not helpful. Your inputs are just spiteful and just betray your own biases in this matter and most importantly of all are disrespectful to the family members who have suffered this tragedy and will read these comments. Read the site terms on the bottom of the page about posting anything that is FALSE, ABUSIVE or MALICIOUS as family members may wish to consider banning you for your false comments on this matter DocD
  • Score: 2

9:08pm Tue 24 Dec 13

SuperSharpShooter says...

Tigeran, where is the evidence that Habib was a drug dealer? Please enlighten us. If you can't provide evidence of this then I implore you to stick to the facts. Your smear campaign is becoming all too obvious, change the tune.
Tigeran, where is the evidence that Habib was a drug dealer? Please enlighten us. If you can't provide evidence of this then I implore you to stick to the facts. Your smear campaign is becoming all too obvious, change the tune. SuperSharpShooter
  • Score: 0

10:15pm Tue 24 Dec 13

marie izzard says...

tigeran wrote:
marie izzard wrote:
oh wow what a surprise, the troll Tigeran is back again, each time an article is published on this matter you have something to say, these people hold these vigils in remembrance of their loved one, it does not mean they are mad, there are still questions to be answered, and regardless of whether he was a criminal, he did not deserve to die in those circumstances, nor does anyone else,
The only questions I can think of is just how bigger criminal was this guy?! There is no 'trolling' to do, if you can't accept the truth, don't bother posting!
I'm afraid it is you that can not accept the truth, many times now we have crossed paths on Habib's article's, and i have learnt that there is no point in trying to educate someone who clearly thinks they know it all, even when facts have been presented to you, i have no interest in continuing to talk to such a ignorant person
[quote][p][bold]tigeran[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]marie izzard[/bold] wrote: oh wow what a surprise, the troll Tigeran is back again, each time an article is published on this matter you have something to say, these people hold these vigils in remembrance of their loved one, it does not mean they are mad, there are still questions to be answered, and regardless of whether he was a criminal, he did not deserve to die in those circumstances, nor does anyone else,[/p][/quote]The only questions I can think of is just how bigger criminal was this guy?! There is no 'trolling' to do, if you can't accept the truth, don't bother posting![/p][/quote]I'm afraid it is you that can not accept the truth, many times now we have crossed paths on Habib's article's, and i have learnt that there is no point in trying to educate someone who clearly thinks they know it all, even when facts have been presented to you, i have no interest in continuing to talk to such a ignorant person marie izzard
  • Score: 0

10:34pm Tue 24 Dec 13

Natasha555 says...

Fact of the matter is that the man was not a criminal. He was a very kind and loving human. He helped many people and looked out for the elderly. Negatives comments from brain dead pigs like Tigeran who is getting paid by the police to write crap will never understand. Although when this dumb and ignorant pig is in trouble with the law for something he never did, he will sure change his tune. Tigeran change ur name to Pigeran.!
Fact of the matter is that the man was not a criminal. He was a very kind and loving human. He helped many people and looked out for the elderly. Negatives comments from brain dead pigs like Tigeran who is getting paid by the police to write crap will never understand. Although when this dumb and ignorant pig is in trouble with the law for something he never did, he will sure change his tune. Tigeran change ur name to Pigeran.! Natasha555
  • Score: -6

10:41pm Tue 24 Dec 13

Natasha555 says...

marie izzard wrote:
tigeran wrote:
marie izzard wrote:
oh wow what a surprise, the troll Tigeran is back again, each time an article is published on this matter you have something to say, these people hold these vigils in remembrance of their loved one, it does not mean they are mad, there are still questions to be answered, and regardless of whether he was a criminal, he did not deserve to die in those circumstances, nor does anyone else,
The only questions I can think of is just how bigger criminal was this guy?! There is no 'trolling' to do, if you can't accept the truth, don't bother posting!
I'm afraid it is you that can not accept the truth, many times now we have crossed paths on Habib's article's, and i have learnt that there is no point in trying to educate someone who clearly thinks they know it all, even when facts have been presented to you, i have no interest in continuing to talk to such a ignorant person
Very Well spoken Marie. You cannot educate an ignorant PIG. Its not his fault the brain cannot function like ours. The evidence is in black and white that Habib was strangled to death. He was not a criminal. The police officers in charge lied on oath. Need i say more.
Tigeran have u picked up your pay from Thames Valley.
Happy christmas All :)
[quote][p][bold]marie izzard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tigeran[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]marie izzard[/bold] wrote: oh wow what a surprise, the troll Tigeran is back again, each time an article is published on this matter you have something to say, these people hold these vigils in remembrance of their loved one, it does not mean they are mad, there are still questions to be answered, and regardless of whether he was a criminal, he did not deserve to die in those circumstances, nor does anyone else,[/p][/quote]The only questions I can think of is just how bigger criminal was this guy?! There is no 'trolling' to do, if you can't accept the truth, don't bother posting![/p][/quote]I'm afraid it is you that can not accept the truth, many times now we have crossed paths on Habib's article's, and i have learnt that there is no point in trying to educate someone who clearly thinks they know it all, even when facts have been presented to you, i have no interest in continuing to talk to such a ignorant person[/p][/quote]Very Well spoken Marie. You cannot educate an ignorant PIG. Its not his fault the brain cannot function like ours. The evidence is in black and white that Habib was strangled to death. He was not a criminal. The police officers in charge lied on oath. Need i say more. Tigeran have u picked up your pay from Thames Valley. Happy christmas All :) Natasha555
  • Score: -2

3:18pm Fri 27 Dec 13

david-skywalker says...

What are the concrete facts in this case, people are shooting down Tigerian but do other people actually have concrete facts? Was there a film taking of this event happening, have there been unbias reports on this event? I am new to this case and it interests me.
What are the concrete facts in this case, people are shooting down Tigerian but do other people actually have concrete facts? Was there a film taking of this event happening, have there been unbias reports on this event? I am new to this case and it interests me. david-skywalker
  • Score: 1

4:22pm Fri 27 Dec 13

DocD says...

david-skywalker wrote:
What are the concrete facts in this case, people are shooting down Tigerian but do other people actually have concrete facts? Was there a film taking of this event happening, have there been unbias reports on this event? I am new to this case and it interests me.
I know they have a website and there is a facebook group and if do a search for Habib 'Paps' Ullah you'll come across quite a bit of info. Also worth going on the IPCC and UFFC websites
[quote][p][bold]david-skywalker[/bold] wrote: What are the concrete facts in this case, people are shooting down Tigerian but do other people actually have concrete facts? Was there a film taking of this event happening, have there been unbias reports on this event? I am new to this case and it interests me.[/p][/quote]I know they have a website and there is a facebook group and if do a search for Habib 'Paps' Ullah you'll come across quite a bit of info. Also worth going on the IPCC and UFFC websites DocD
  • Score: -4

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree