Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or upload here
Wycombe Local Plan consultation deadline extended
A COUNCIL has extended the deadline for responses to its public consultation over mooted plans to build thousands of homes in the Wycombe District.
Wycombe District Council’s nine week consultation on the Local Plan closed on Friday but the authority says it will still accept comments from residents up to the end of the Easter holiday.
The council said it had received more than 1500 representations so far and is urging anyone who has not yet had their say on the proposals to get in touch before April 21.
Cllr Neil Marshall, WDC’s Cabinet Member for Planning and Sustainability, said: “We’ve always said we want as many people as possible to comment on the range of Local Plan options we’ve set out.
“With consultations as big as this, we sometimes find that people need extra time.
“As we won’t have completed our analysis of the comments before Easter, we’re going to be a bit more flexible and continue to accept comments until then.
“We hope to hear from anyone who has something to contribute by the end of the Easter bank holiday period.”
Between 500 and 700 new homes and additional employment space may have to be built every year between now and 2031 to keep up with growth, WDC has said.
Site specific options include the potential development of green belt land in Slate Meadow, constructing an M40 Junction 3a in Flackwell Heath and building up to 2500 homes in Princes Risborough.
Visit www.wycombe.gov.uk/newlocalplan to view the options and take part in the consultation.
Comments are closed on this article.