Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Top five things to do this weekend
1. THAME Food Festival is a landmark event in the food calendar. On Saturday from 9am-5pm in the pretty town there will be something to tempt all tastebuds. There will be book signings by Raymond Blanc at Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons Stall from 11am-12.30pm, and 2-4pm. There is a Thame Tart Competition judged by festival patron Lotte Duncan at 12pm at the Upper Chamber Town Hall. There is a raffle drawn at 5.30pm. There is lots of entertainment and also events at The Stables of the James Figg Free House, The Spread Eagle Hotel and Rumsey's Chocolaterie. There are events throughout the day from Geoff Coleman, Lotte Duncan, Dale Pinnock and Lucy Young. Cookery Theatre from 10am, with Beverley Glock of Splat Cooking, Laurie Gear of The Artichoke in Amersham, Adam Simmonds of Danesfield HOuse, Marlow and Marcus Bean of The New Inn in Baschurch, Shropshire. For full details go to www.thamefoodfestival.co.uk
2. AN OPEN top bus parade will take place to honour Wycombe district's Paralympic and Olympic heroes. A special celebratory event will be held in Marlo on Saturday, hosted by Wycombe District Council. officials have announced there will be a chance to meet the athletes, who captured the nation's imagination this summer, at High Wycombe's Bucks New University at about 10.30 am, and again in Higginson Park in Marlow at about 12 noon. The Olympians will then join the chairman Cllr Wendy Mallen's reception in the Shelley Theatre in Marlow at approximately 1pm.
3. GET your season wardrobe sorted at an Autumn Fashion Event on Saturday and Sunday at Eden Shopping Centre. There will be four shows each day at the catwalk outside Starbucks. Models will show the latest collections. Joining the models will be the ladies from Up Front Breast Cancer Support Group. The Eden's Top Model Search live final will take place on Saturday. There is also a Style Clinic outside House of Fraser with a free colour analysis and dress consultation.
4. WEST Wycombe Jubilee Fête is in the National Trust grounds of West Wycombe Park tomorrow from 11.30am-4pm. For the past two years the parish council have held a village fête on the Pedestal Field, to raise money for the now installed playground, and the National Trust have held a 'Meet your Neighbour' event on separate occasions. Being a year of special and memorable events, the council teamed up with the National Trust to run a Jubilee Fête in the grounds of West Wycombe Park. The fête was originally booked for July 14 and unfortunately the weather meant the ground was waterlogged and had to be postponed. There will be refreshments from paella to hog roast, a beer tent, and lots of stalls selling a range of goods and also informative stalls. There will be fairground rides, a falconry display and music. There is a grand raffle with lots of fabulous prizes including £120 luxury food hamper, £50 cash, Apple Orchard Voucher and many more.
5. 'Best of British' - Bucks Symphonic Wind Ensemble with Danesfield Singing Group tomorrow at 7:30pm at All Saints Church in The Causeway.Marlow. This will be a music extravaganza celebrating the ‘Best of British’. Under the baton of Duncan Stubbs, the concert will include a varied programme of well known wind band favourites, alongside performances from special guests, The Danesfield Singing Group, directed by Sophie Jugé. Tickets are £12 (£10 concessions / £5 under 12s) and can be purchased in advance from Marlow Tourist Information Centre (55a High St - entrance Institute Rd) or ordered by phone on 01628 483597 Alternatively tickets can be bought on the door, if still available