Princes Risborough commuter blasts new train timetable

Bucks Free Press: Commuter blasts new train timetable Commuter blasts new train timetable

A PRINCES Risborough commuter has slammed the new Chiltern Railways timetable saying she will get a worse service for her money.

Isabella Darnton works in London and travels from Princes Risborough during the week.

She said the new timetable has left a gaping hole between 7.14pm and 7.44pm and has got rid of one of the most used services, the 7.28am non-stop service.

She said: "There aren't very many options. The best one and the only one which made any sense has been scrapped- it is really frustrating.

"There are so many people who get that train- I know I am not alone in that."

She pays £3,940 a year, which includes the tube.

With the new timetable Isabella will need to get the 7.14am service, which gets in at 7.59am, meaning she will get to Marylebone at around the same time but make the journey nine minutes longer. The 7.28am gets in at 8.04am.

At the moment there is a 7.37am service where commuters needed to change at High Wycombe and gets to London at 8.24am. This will be replaced with the 7.44am with no changes which gets in at 8.25am.

The consultation proposed a 7.33am service but this is not on the new timetable.

The train company said they have added an additional non-stop 6.53am service, which gets in at 7.33am.

The new timetable is now available to view online and will begin on December 9.

Chiltern Railways said there will be more than 600 extra peak time seats into London and 5,000 extra seat at weekends across the network.

More than 700 people responded to the public consultation earlier in the year on the proposed changes.

Following an assessment of the responses, it introduced some changes.

As well as the 6.53am the company has retimed a train to remove a long gap in the evening for commuters travelling from London to Little Kimble.

The consultation also highlighted concerns about the off peak service at Seer Green and Jordans following changes to the timetable in May.

But Chiltern Railways said the average number of passengers on these services was five passengers per train, so there will continue to be an hourly service in the December timetable.

However, the 7.48pm train from London Marylebone will now stop at the station.

The timetable is available online as of last Friday at www.chilternrailways.co.uk or hard copies will be available at stations from November 23.

Comments (13)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:07am Fri 16 Nov 12

Welwyn Dowd says...

This is one of the most interesting articles since the description of every faulty streetlight in Buckinghamshire published about six months ago. Why oh why can't we have more of these riveting discussions of railway timetables? They are what makes life worth living.

I's like to take this opportunity to publicise my new work - "The 0710 from High Wycombe stopping at Beaconsfield, Seer Green and Jordans, Gerrards Cross, Denham, Denham Golf Club, West Ruislip, South Ruislip and Wembley Stadium - its sociological and psychological significance on the anal-retentive, obsessive-compulsive and journalistically challenged individual." Out now in hardback, Kindle and soon to be serialised in the Bucks Free Press.

Reviewers comments:

Not as good as his last one, not enough about trains - Ivor
This is one of the most interesting articles since the description of every faulty streetlight in Buckinghamshire published about six months ago. Why oh why can't we have more of these riveting discussions of railway timetables? They are what makes life worth living. I's like to take this opportunity to publicise my new work - "The 0710 from High Wycombe stopping at Beaconsfield, Seer Green and Jordans, Gerrards Cross, Denham, Denham Golf Club, West Ruislip, South Ruislip and Wembley Stadium - its sociological and psychological significance on the anal-retentive, obsessive-compulsive and journalistically challenged individual." Out now in hardback, Kindle and soon to be serialised in the Bucks Free Press. Reviewers comments: Not as good as his last one, not enough about trains - Ivor Welwyn Dowd
  • Score: 0

9:13am Fri 16 Nov 12

miccles says...

"With the new timetable Isabella will need to get the 7.14am service, which gets in at 7.59am, meaning she will get to Marylebone at around the same time but make the journey nine minutes longer"

Isabella my heart bleeds for you, you will have to catch a train 14 minutes earlier in the morning, and the whole journey will be 9 minutes longer, Isabella, how are you going to cope with this terrible and drastic situation, i'm going to be so worried about how you will cope.


Best thing to do is, get on with it, and stop your moaning, i can tell what sort of person you are, the one that expects everything for nothing.
"With the new timetable Isabella will need to get the 7.14am service, which gets in at 7.59am, meaning she will get to Marylebone at around the same time but make the journey nine minutes longer" Isabella my heart bleeds for you, you will have to catch a train 14 minutes earlier in the morning, and the whole journey will be 9 minutes longer, Isabella, how are you going to cope with this terrible and drastic situation, i'm going to be so worried about how you will cope. Best thing to do is, get on with it, and stop your moaning, i can tell what sort of person you are, the one that expects everything for nothing. miccles
  • Score: 0

10:11am Fri 16 Nov 12

Risborough Dave says...

Maybe you'll feel sorrier for me, Miccles.

I have to commute for work. I work 8.30-5.30 in the West End (Doesn't sound unusual does it?).

I have struggled to afford the huge price increases in season tickets over the last 3 years which were justified to pay for investment in a better service (faster, more regular trains). The new timetable is as slow as before the "investment" and now has less trains especially at the times I travel.

Because of these thoughtless, money-grabbing changes to morning and evening services I will not now see my kids in the morning and I will now not see my kids in the evening either. Five days a week. At least I see them twice a day at present.

So don't have a go at Isabella just because the BFP did a poor job of representing her and a lot of other peoples' views.
Maybe you'll feel sorrier for me, Miccles. I have to commute for work. I work 8.30-5.30 in the West End (Doesn't sound unusual does it?). I have struggled to afford the huge price increases in season tickets over the last 3 years which were justified to pay for investment in a better service (faster, more regular trains). The new timetable is as slow as before the "investment" and now has less trains especially at the times I travel. Because of these thoughtless, money-grabbing changes to morning and evening services I will not now see my kids in the morning and I will now not see my kids in the evening either. Five days a week. At least I see them twice a day at present. So don't have a go at Isabella just because the BFP did a poor job of representing her and a lot of other peoples' views. Risborough Dave
  • Score: 0

11:22am Fri 16 Nov 12

motco says...

Quoting Rebecca Cain: "A PRINCES Risborough commuter has slammed the new Chiltern Railways timetable saying she will get a worst service for her money."

WORST! Surely even a poorly educated journo knows it's 'worse'?
Quoting Rebecca Cain: "A PRINCES Risborough commuter has slammed the new Chiltern Railways timetable saying she will get a worst service for her money." WORST! Surely even a poorly educated journo knows it's 'worse'? motco
  • Score: 0

5:57pm Fri 16 Nov 12

Risborough 14 says...

miccles wrote:
"With the new timetable Isabella will need to get the 7.14am service, which gets in at 7.59am, meaning she will get to Marylebone at around the same time but make the journey nine minutes longer"

Isabella my heart bleeds for you, you will have to catch a train 14 minutes earlier in the morning, and the whole journey will be 9 minutes longer, Isabella, how are you going to cope with this terrible and drastic situation, i'm going to be so worried about how you will cope.


Best thing to do is, get on with it, and stop your moaning, i can tell what sort of person you are, the one that expects everything for nothing.
Moaning!! - Pot calling the Kettle Black as they'd say on the 7.14 .. all of your boring rants on this site are limp, dull and repetitive moans about Risborough one way system - when was the last time you said anything interesting and meaningful - not sure how you've got the nerve tell somebody to stop moaning - eat your own BS
[quote][p][bold]miccles[/bold] wrote: "With the new timetable Isabella will need to get the 7.14am service, which gets in at 7.59am, meaning she will get to Marylebone at around the same time but make the journey nine minutes longer" Isabella my heart bleeds for you, you will have to catch a train 14 minutes earlier in the morning, and the whole journey will be 9 minutes longer, Isabella, how are you going to cope with this terrible and drastic situation, i'm going to be so worried about how you will cope. Best thing to do is, get on with it, and stop your moaning, i can tell what sort of person you are, the one that expects everything for nothing.[/p][/quote]Moaning!! - Pot calling the Kettle Black as they'd say on the 7.14 .. all of your boring rants on this site are limp, dull and repetitive moans about Risborough one way system - when was the last time you said anything interesting and meaningful - not sure how you've got the nerve tell somebody to stop moaning - eat your own BS Risborough 14
  • Score: 0

6:24pm Fri 16 Nov 12

YorksDavey says...

When did 30 minutes become a gaping hole? The only way you'll get a perfect timetable is in your head. They only have a finite amount of resources/rolling stock etc... so lets at least give them a chance to smooth things out before **** about it to the local rag.
When did 30 minutes become a gaping hole? The only way you'll get a perfect timetable is in your head. They only have a finite amount of resources/rolling stock etc... so lets at least give them a chance to smooth things out before **** about it to the local rag. YorksDavey
  • Score: 0

7:06am Sat 17 Nov 12

miccles says...

Risborough 14 wrote:
miccles wrote:
"With the new timetable Isabella will need to get the 7.14am service, which gets in at 7.59am, meaning she will get to Marylebone at around the same time but make the journey nine minutes longer"

Isabella my heart bleeds for you, you will have to catch a train 14 minutes earlier in the morning, and the whole journey will be 9 minutes longer, Isabella, how are you going to cope with this terrible and drastic situation, i'm going to be so worried about how you will cope.


Best thing to do is, get on with it, and stop your moaning, i can tell what sort of person you are, the one that expects everything for nothing.
Moaning!! - Pot calling the Kettle Black as they'd say on the 7.14 .. all of your boring rants on this site are limp, dull and repetitive moans about Risborough one way system - when was the last time you said anything interesting and meaningful - not sure how you've got the nerve tell somebody to stop moaning - eat your own BS
There is nothing interesting and meaningful to say about Princes Risborough, because people like you have ruined it, full stop, need i say more?


"Moaning!! - Pot calling the Kettle Black as they'd say on the 7.14 .. all of your boring rants on this site are limp, dull and repetitive moans about Risborough one way system - when was the last time you said anything interesting and meaningful - not sure how you've got the nerve tell somebody to stop moaning - eat your own BS”


Moaning, please read your comment to me again, and again, that is "moaning", you sound, and probably are, so so sad, just what you have done to Princes Risborough.
[quote][p][bold]Risborough 14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]miccles[/bold] wrote: "With the new timetable Isabella will need to get the 7.14am service, which gets in at 7.59am, meaning she will get to Marylebone at around the same time but make the journey nine minutes longer" Isabella my heart bleeds for you, you will have to catch a train 14 minutes earlier in the morning, and the whole journey will be 9 minutes longer, Isabella, how are you going to cope with this terrible and drastic situation, i'm going to be so worried about how you will cope. Best thing to do is, get on with it, and stop your moaning, i can tell what sort of person you are, the one that expects everything for nothing.[/p][/quote]Moaning!! - Pot calling the Kettle Black as they'd say on the 7.14 .. all of your boring rants on this site are limp, dull and repetitive moans about Risborough one way system - when was the last time you said anything interesting and meaningful - not sure how you've got the nerve tell somebody to stop moaning - eat your own BS[/p][/quote]There is nothing interesting and meaningful to say about Princes Risborough, because people like you have ruined it, full stop, need i say more? "Moaning!! - Pot calling the Kettle Black as they'd say on the 7.14 .. all of your boring rants on this site are limp, dull and repetitive moans about Risborough one way system - when was the last time you said anything interesting and meaningful - not sure how you've got the nerve tell somebody to stop moaning - eat your own BS” Moaning, please read your comment to me again, and again, that is "moaning", you sound, and probably are, so so sad, just what you have done to Princes Risborough. miccles
  • Score: 0

8:48am Sat 17 Nov 12

Whiteleaf says...

Typical middle class woman complaining because she has to get up 14 minutes earlier - pathetic!
Typical middle class woman complaining because she has to get up 14 minutes earlier - pathetic! Whiteleaf
  • Score: 0

8:53am Sat 17 Nov 12

Marmite XO says...

Why don't purple just get their chauffeur to drive them to work. Door to door - you don't have to deal work the dirty general public. A much more pleasant commute.
Why don't purple just get their chauffeur to drive them to work. Door to door - you don't have to deal work the dirty general public. A much more pleasant commute. Marmite XO
  • Score: 0

9:00am Sat 17 Nov 12

Marmite XO says...

That should obviously read people not purple. How frightfully annoying. Spelling mistakes are nearly as bad as the general public.
That should obviously read people not purple. How frightfully annoying. Spelling mistakes are nearly as bad as the general public. Marmite XO
  • Score: 0

11:32am Sat 17 Nov 12

Risborough 14 says...

miccles wrote:
Risborough 14 wrote:
miccles wrote:
"With the new timetable Isabella will need to get the 7.14am service, which gets in at 7.59am, meaning she will get to Marylebone at around the same time but make the journey nine minutes longer"

Isabella my heart bleeds for you, you will have to catch a train 14 minutes earlier in the morning, and the whole journey will be 9 minutes longer, Isabella, how are you going to cope with this terrible and drastic situation, i'm going to be so worried about how you will cope.


Best thing to do is, get on with it, and stop your moaning, i can tell what sort of person you are, the one that expects everything for nothing.
Moaning!! - Pot calling the Kettle Black as they'd say on the 7.14 .. all of your boring rants on this site are limp, dull and repetitive moans about Risborough one way system - when was the last time you said anything interesting and meaningful - not sure how you've got the nerve tell somebody to stop moaning - eat your own BS
There is nothing interesting and meaningful to say about Princes Risborough, because people like you have ruined it, full stop, need i say more?


"Moaning!! - Pot calling the Kettle Black as they'd say on the 7.14 .. all of your boring rants on this site are limp, dull and repetitive moans about Risborough one way system - when was the last time you said anything interesting and meaningful - not sure how you've got the nerve tell somebody to stop moaning - eat your own BS”


Moaning, please read your comment to me again, and again, that is "moaning", you sound, and probably are, so so sad, just what you have done to Princes Risborough.
Miccles - i presume you've given your carer the weekend off - I throw a stick, would you F 0
[quote][p][bold]miccles[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Risborough 14[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]miccles[/bold] wrote: "With the new timetable Isabella will need to get the 7.14am service, which gets in at 7.59am, meaning she will get to Marylebone at around the same time but make the journey nine minutes longer" Isabella my heart bleeds for you, you will have to catch a train 14 minutes earlier in the morning, and the whole journey will be 9 minutes longer, Isabella, how are you going to cope with this terrible and drastic situation, i'm going to be so worried about how you will cope. Best thing to do is, get on with it, and stop your moaning, i can tell what sort of person you are, the one that expects everything for nothing.[/p][/quote]Moaning!! - Pot calling the Kettle Black as they'd say on the 7.14 .. all of your boring rants on this site are limp, dull and repetitive moans about Risborough one way system - when was the last time you said anything interesting and meaningful - not sure how you've got the nerve tell somebody to stop moaning - eat your own BS[/p][/quote]There is nothing interesting and meaningful to say about Princes Risborough, because people like you have ruined it, full stop, need i say more? "Moaning!! - Pot calling the Kettle Black as they'd say on the 7.14 .. all of your boring rants on this site are limp, dull and repetitive moans about Risborough one way system - when was the last time you said anything interesting and meaningful - not sure how you've got the nerve tell somebody to stop moaning - eat your own BS” Moaning, please read your comment to me again, and again, that is "moaning", you sound, and probably are, so so sad, just what you have done to Princes Risborough.[/p][/quote]Miccles - i presume you've given your carer the weekend off - I throw a stick, would you F 0 Risborough 14
  • Score: 0

9:22am Sun 18 Nov 12

s6blr says...

Poor old Isabella, so sad for the 14 minutes of shame you deserve for whinging on with this excuse for a paper.

Bwahahahahaaaaaaaaa
Poor old Isabella, so sad for the 14 minutes of shame you deserve for whinging on with this excuse for a paper. Bwahahahahaaaaaaaaa s6blr
  • Score: 0

7:55pm Sun 18 Nov 12

MrsKissenger says...

Miccles is a monotone prat.
Miccles is a monotone prat. MrsKissenger
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree