THE distraught family of Sergeant Louise Gibson said they will fight for justice until all of their questions surrounding her death are answered.

Sgt Gibson’s father Charles Ward said the family are ‘hugely disappointed they have been systematically blocked’ from asking Thames Valley Police about the events leading up to her death.

The 43-year-old’s body was discovered in Crook’s Wood on May 19.

She had been dropped off at her parents’ Gt Kingshill home on May 15 by a colleague following a meeting with her bosses, who said she would be ‘moved sideways’ to help her deal with the turmoil of discovering her husband PC John Gibbs was having an affair with a PCSO at Wycombe station.

The mother-of-three told her father she had ‘lost everything’ before she stormed out of the house following a row on the phone in which she was heard saying ‘you’ll be sorry when I hang myself’.

Sgt Gibson’s sister Katrina said: "TVP has offered no support to our family, and have consistently put the emotional well-being of Louise's estranged husband above that of Louise's family.

"They have consistently lied to and withheld information from us, and as such we still have a lot of questions that have not been answered.

"Louise was a beautiful person and a wonderful mother, and her actions were completely out of character...We will continue to fight for justice for Louise, for her children and for all of the people who loved her."

The Buckinghamshire Coroner Richard Hulett ruled Sgt Gibson took her own life at the inquest held at Beaconsfield Coroner’s Court on July 24.

Three suicide notes and a will were found on her bed.

Mr Ward, the last person to see his daughter alive, said: "I would like to repeat my thanks to Louise’s team and to her loyal friends at the police station for their support to her.

"But I feel hugely disappointed that the family have been systematically blocked by the police from asking in a public forum without incurring huge legal expenses our key question.

"Why was a competent officer, who was suddenly unable to perform her duties effectively due to a form of mental stress, of which they had been well aware, taken to the house and abandoned, at the roadside?

"Why was no attempt made to check there were persons present to deal with the situation or to advise that she was in a very bad place?

"To misquote Shakespeare's Marcellus ‘There is something very rotten in the state of Denmark’, and I mean no offence to our European allies."

The family also asked why Sgt Gibson had not been relocated sooner and why she had not received support from her superiors.

DCI Kevin Brown, who was investigating, told the inquest he was "aware she was very distressed" on the day she was sent home but "her perception of the meeting [with management] was disproportionate to what the meeting was about".

He added: "With the marriage breakdown she thought she was losing her team, her job and her husband."

Police declined to publicly respond to the family’s concerns but did pay tribute to the popular Amersham-born sergeant.

Assistant Chief Constable Chris Shead said: "Our thoughts remain with Louise’s family at this very difficult time. I can only imagine the sense of loss they must feel.

"Louise was a hugely popular and well-performing officer who is sorely missed by her colleagues.

"Many of the staff and officers who knew her have deeply felt the loss of Louise and we continue to offer support."