Firefighters were called to two separate kitchen fires in High Wycombe yesterday afternoon.
The emergency services were first called out to a small blaze in a first-floor flat in Archdale at about 1.30pm after an overheated pan was left on a cooker.
And just hours later they received more 999 reports of a different blaze across town.
On this occasion an oven was on fire in a ground-floor flat in Conegra Court.
In tackling both incidents, two fire engines from High Wycombe station attended.
It is not yet known if anyone was hurt in either fire.