Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Crews attend bedroom fire caused by candles in Amersham
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a small bedroom blaze this morning caused by tea lights on top of a fridge.
At 6.36am two crews from Amersham were called to a ground-floor flat in Grove Road, Amersham.
Watch manager at Amersham, Sam Sansom, said it was a small fire but there was extensive smoke damage.
He said: "It was caused by tea lights (little candles) being left on top of a combustible fridge surface.
"People should make sure they use the correct holders for tea lights and candles and they shouldn't be left unattended."
An 18-year-old male was already outside the flat when firefighters arrived.
He was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene but he did not go to hospital.
The bedroom was 20 per cent damaged by fire and 80 per cent damaged by smoke.