Two moments of individual brilliance by Ebere Eze and a second goal in two games for Josh Umerah gave Wycombe Wanderers a fantastic 3-1 win over Cambridge United at the Cambs Glass Stadium.

The on-loan QPR star gave the visitors the lead on 48 minutes with a glorious strike, lashing home from 25 yards after being teed up by Adebayo Akinfenwa.

His second goal eight minutes later was arguably better, picking up the loose ball and curling a delicious shot into the top corner past a stranded David Forde.

The home side pulled one back from the penalty spot on 69 minutes when Medy Elito sent Scott Brown the wrong way after Marcus Bean fouled Uche Ikpeazu.

With nine minutes remaining, Shaun Derry's side were reduced to 10 men when Leon Legge picked up his second booking for a foul on Craig Mackail-Smith.

Umerah then made the points safe on 89 minutes when he coolly slotted past Forde after the ball found him in the box.

Cambridge were the better side early on as they looked to make a quick start against Gareth Ainsworth’s men.

Piero Mingoia had the first real shot of the game on 10 minutes, latching on to Ikpeazu’s knockdown but firing well wide from 25 yards.

The home side were then thwarted by a good save from Brown on 17 minutes as George Maris saw his firm free kick pushed wide.

After a long stoppage due to a serious looking injury to Nathan Tyson, the U’s once again restarted on the front foot and Maris shot over on 26 minutes after a mazy run.

Wycombe came back strongly and two minutes later after some probing by Eze, Sam Saunders’ curler from 25 yards was tipped away by  Forde.

From the resulting Joe Jacobson corner, Anthony Stewart headed just wide of the post.

Wanderers started to look dangerous and Akinfenwa nodded into the path of Josh Umerah on 31 minutes but the youngster struck wide from 10 yards.

Forde produced another excellent save on 37 minutes when he denied Mackail-Smith a goal which looked destined for the bottom corner.

A minute later, Brown rivalled his opposite number with a superb stop, denying Elito with a brilliant block after Sido Jombati was caught in possession.

Right on half time, Stewart had a great chance to give the visitors the lead but he was foiled by another terrific save from Forde.

The Chairboys took the lead in spectacular fashion thanks to Eze before the youngster doubled his tally with another sublime strike.

With two bits of genius that would grace the Premier League, Eze’s brace knocked the stuffing out of Shaun Derry’s side for a few minutes with the Blues looking very comfortable.

Cambridge had a decent opportunity on 65 minutes when Leon Legge met Harrison Dunk’s raking cross by his firm header was off target.

The home side pulled a goal back on with 21 minutes thanks to Elito's oenalty but Eze was leading the Cambridge defenders a merry dance down the other end. After jinking his way into the box on 74 minutes, he saw his bullet strike parried wide by Forde.

Jacobson took the corner which found Akinfenwa, his flicked header landed inches wide of Forde’s right hand post.

Mackail-Smith then tested the Cambridge custodian with a rasping shot, which was tipped away but Josh Umerah's pull back evaded a Wycombe shirt.

Umerah had a brilliant chance to make the points safe on 89 minutes when Saunders found him in the area but the overworked Forde made a brilliant stop before the Charlton loanee had the final say.

One final chance for the home side came at the death when Brown made a fine save to deny the tireless Ikpeazu.

A wonderful fourth win in a row for Ainsworth's side, who climb to fourth in the table.

WYCOMBE WANDERERS: Brown, Jombati, Stewart, El-Abd, Jacobson, Bean, Saunders, Eze (sub: Scarr, 84), Tyson (sub: Umerah, 27), Akinfenwa, Mackail-Smith (sub: Freeman, 86). Subs: Ma-Kalambay, Gape, Southwell, Williams.

CAMBRIDGE UNITED: Forde, Halliday, Legge, Taylor, Dunk, Mingoia (sub: Amoo, 78), Deegan, Maris (sub: Carroll, 57), Elito, Ikpeazu, Ibehre. Subs: Mitov, Taft, O’Neil, Brown, Worman.

REFEREE: Gavin Ward

ATTENDANCE: 5,365 (Wycombe 568)